Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Suggestion on Western Wa Lakes (Read 4352 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Suggestion on Western Wa Lakes
08/06/08 at 22:45:00
Quote Print Post  
To all,

My mother is coming to town and wants to go fishing and I wanted your opinions on where to take her? Consistent bite would be great but beauty is important as well.

So lets hear it. It doesn't have to be a large body of water.

Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Suggestion on Western Wa Lakes
Reply #1 - 08/06/08 at 23:12:01
Quote Print Post  
I say Sammamish.  I was there Monday and had tough day with my nephew, but the dinks and perch should keep her busy.  Plus it's nice to see the family of bald eagles there.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/06/08 at 23:40:56
Quote Print Post  
Says,

How deep were the perch and where? I need some for the freezer.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 08/07/08 at 03:56:08
Quote Print Post  
Whatcom or Riffe......

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/07/08 at 05:13:45
Quote Print Post  
I was thinking of those Larry as well. Whatcom is 3 hours and Riffe is 2 hours. Can someone tell me where the new ramp is on Riffe.

Russ

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/07/08 at 14:23:55
Quote Print Post  
The new ramp on Riffe is between Kosmos ramp and the park ramp. Go up the road like you are going to the campground ramp and there will be a sign that says day ramp just before the campground turn. It is a nice ramp two lanes and plenty of parking

Thayne

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 08/07/08 at 14:31:59
Quote Print Post  
Whatcom is alot closer than 3 hours.  I'm going there August 16 and 17 YAY !  Grin
Clear lake in Pierce Co has been kicking out 4 lb smallies.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #7 - 08/07/08 at 17:03:08
Quote Print Post  
Just went to WA yesterday had fish on all day my best 5 went 11.5lb nothing huge but good number of 1-2.5lb SM  Look for weed lines at 15ft in the AM & 25-27feet in the heat of the day Drop-shot anything in a perch pattern they are munching them right now.
This is my 3rd trip to WA & every one has been great & cant go wrong with Drop shot & rookie fisher person.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #8 - 08/07/08 at 23:50:20
Quote Print Post  
Alder lake has an abundance of crappie along with some bass. Took my mother  in law out last year about this time, twice, and she caught about 40 to 50 crappie along the shore in about 3 hours. I got tired of catching them so I went to my bass gear and caught a 3.5 lb smallie on a spinnerbait. Of course she got mad with me when I let her go, but she had plenty of crappie to clean when we got home. May I also say that she is wanting to go back every time she comes to visit, and its not far from here.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #9 - 08/08/08 at 05:14:06
Quote Print Post  
The perch weren't big, mostly in the 7-8" range.  However, they'll keep you busy if the smallies aren't hungry.  I was fishing mostly outside weedlines in the 15-20ft range.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/08/08 at 05:36:45
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget Kapowsin if she likes panfish!  (Crappie, sunfish, rock bass, trout...) It's pretty - no houses (well only one) and it will give you a chance to fish for largies too.  It's not hours away - but you are assured that there will be no speed boats.  I always see deer!  And the new dock and ramp is great.  Agreed - the bass can run hot and cold - and you have to look out for underwater stumps - but it beats several hours in the car both ways.  Just anoth option.

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/08/08 at 05:47:39
Quote Print Post  
Don't think skiers or boarders will be a prob on Kapowsin either.....

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/12/08 at 03:57:41
Quote Print Post  
Thanks all for the input. So many lakes to choose from I just can't make up my mind. My mom and I used to fish the gulf coast for Red fish and Seatrout when I was a kid and she hasn't been up here since 1997 and wanted to take her somewhere she could catch a fish or two. I'm not a big fan of Riffe as many of you know, but it has kicked out some nice fish for me in the past and its not that far away and it is a purty lake. Kapowsin is a good choice as well but the stump thing scares me a little bit since I stuck a 21 ft Ranger on that stump in front of the old launch and it took me almost an hour to get that boat off of it.

Whatcom I love but just a little further than I wanted to drive. Sammamish is a good possibility as well since the Eagles are there and the smallies bite there pretty good in the summer. Too bad Chelan wasn't closer or the Potholes wasn't so low I would hit one of those in a heartbeat if she wasn't flying out on wednesday.

Thanks for all the help.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/12/08 at 12:30:03
Quote Print Post  
Dude, Vantage for pete's sake.......

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo