Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) First Large Mouth Ever! (Read 4400 times)
2000subaru
Ex Member

First Large Mouth Ever!
06/24/08 at 06:10:49
Quote Print Post  
Well, I'm new to all of this and finally decided to go to Lake Morton and find a largemouth.  he big fish is a 3LB'er that was sight fished while guarding a bed.  I shoved a senko in his face for half an hour and left.  I came back in 30 minutes and he took it the first time Grin  I actually accomplished 2 goals for the year and also caught a largie on a crankbait.  No laughing though, as it is probably the smalliest fish in the lake.  Here's the evidence...

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: First Large Mouth Ever!
Reply #1 - 06/24/08 at 14:36:23
Quote Print Post  
You will never fish for those small jaws again, you're hooked on the greenies now !  Just joking.  Good fish !  Your first LM goes 3 lbs, can't beat that.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 06/24/08 at 15:40:25
Quote Print Post  
Whoo hoo! way to break in the new digs on the skeeter!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/25/08 at 03:10:17
Quote Print Post  
When you think about that second fish, (the small one), you can only wonder "What was he thinking?"  Was he going to eat it, mate with it or get a massage?  If it was to "eat it" I just thank the lucky stars that fish with that aggressive attiitude don't grow as big as sharks - we couldn't go near the water!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 06/25/08 at 03:20:09
Quote Print Post  
Now I know what you do on "Kelly Days". Grin

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/25/08 at 03:41:31
Quote Print Post  
The mounting fee should be relatively small in comparison between the two fishies..........If it's by the inch, mount the second one.......

No kidding...great job on your largemouth hunt and accomplishment.

Chuck P
Wabasmstr

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 06/25/08 at 18:57:44
Quote Print Post  
Dang - sweet fish for the first one!  Congrats!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/25/08 at 23:41:48
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations! Largemouth are way cooler than smallmouth...  Smiley

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/25/08 at 23:49:00
Quote Print Post  
Great Job on your first largie. I hit Morton yesterday and stuck two fish and saw a fish that was over 10+ that wouldn't take my Senko and then she disappeared into the abyss of Morton.

There are some toads in that lake as evident of the 8-14 I caught there about 4 weeks ago. A couple of years ago I weighed a guys fish that was a 9-2 and luckily it was released.

Welcome to largie fishing. Now just hit Potholes in the spring and you will catch more 4+ largies than you can shake a stick at.

Russ

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/26/08 at 03:17:44
Quote Print Post  
I felt kinda bad when I launched out there.  The entire launch was blocked with shore fisherpeople trout slaying.  There was just enough room for the Skeeter to squeeze by and cruize the shallows.  I only got to about 1/8th of the lake...I may be out this weekend to get some more shoreline.  Anyone have any hints or tips? 

Should anyone want to ever meet up and school a newbie of the ways of the largie....I'm in for it, my boat or yours. 

Chris

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/26/08 at 16:33:32
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

Thats why it is called a boat launch. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Just ask them politely to move? Its also frustrating to load and unload and no one reals up there line and gets out of the way.  Angry Those people think that since they got their first they own the place. Angry

When I see people not care about their line I try to avoid it but sometimes its not possible.

I hate to say this but people in this state are clueless to boating/ramp etiquette

Russ

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #11 - 06/26/08 at 16:39:59
Quote Print Post  
I think it was more that he felt like "King in the Castle, King in the Castle, I have a boat! Go do dis, go do dis, King in the Castle."
Grin
(for the old timers...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssAA-1UVX4

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #12 - 06/27/08 at 20:04:44
Quote Print Post  
Often on saturday mornings you can find carp fisherman setting up camp right on the freakin launch at silver lake.  When you try to get them to move you find that they dont speak english!!  Fun Fun  Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo