Normal Topic WSBF State Qualifiers *Moses Lake* (Read 2176 times)
Nick-Barr
Ex Member

WSBF State Qualifiers *Moses Lake*
06/19/08 at 03:26:25
Quote Print Post  
Here is a small report from the WSBF (FLW) State Qualifier at Moses Lake this past weekend.
As for the top finishers
BOATERS
Tony Lofranco-1st 21.87 Lbs.
Aaron Erwine-2nd 19.82 Lbs.
Courtney Conklin-3rd 18.26 Lbs.

Non-Boaters
Nick Barr (Me) 1st (12th Overall) 12.89 Lbs.
Heather Stieglmeyer 2nd (17th Overall) 9.78 Lbs.
Doug Jorgeson 3rd (22nd Overall) 8.65 Lbs.

The total number of boats was 47 boats with 94 anglers.

Congrats to all WBC members who fished it!!!!!
Mike Wolsky
Chris Seargant
Mack Randle
Daryl Snodgrass
Me

As for a little overview on the tournament, it was a tough day with no to little wind and colder than average water temps. A least that I know of for all the top 10, it was a 5 bite thing. 5 bites throughout the day, switching up spots throwing a couple different baits. I saw some beds, but they were almost all empty. Most of the fish were spawned out already. I caught my fish on a Yamamoto DT Hula Grub #176 on a football head, then a DropShotted KGM Slinky in Sand. Just chunked these baits all day. It was certainly a limit day. I you had a limit of almost any proportion you were in the top 25. The conditions sucked and the fish were biting very light, its the post spawn funk, and it was on. Also, lots of recreational traffic as it was one of those low wind high heat days.

I would just like to thank my boater, Courtney Conklin for a great day out on the water and it was a truly great learning experience. He is a great guy and if you ever get the chance to fish with him, do it.

The next one is on Potholes for a couple of days in Late July.
The standings and other pictures cam be found at www.wabass.org

Here is a pic:
« Last Edit: 06/20/08 at 05:49:03 by »  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: WSBF State Qualifiers *Moses Lake*
Reply #1 - 06/19/08 at 04:06:59
Quote Print Post  
Great Goin Nick!!
Good lookin fish....Sounds like it was well represented from a club standpoint and the state...did I hear 94 anglers Shocked?
Thats awesome!!! I will be back there next year after I get things settled here with the weight thing so take it to 'em big dude!! Grin

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/19/08 at 04:18:28
Quote Print Post  
Good, hopin to see you out there next year for the qualifers!!!!!! Yep, 94 anglers, great turnout for the state qualifiers.

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/19/08 at 22:26:52
Quote Print Post  
Well done Nick!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/19/08 at 22:53:51
Quote Print Post  
Great job out there, Nick! Tough tourney for sure. I ended up in 29th with 6.89 pounds (3 LMB). One more fish would have put me right in there...

Chris

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/20/08 at 05:42:30
Quote Print Post  
Chris, good job man, it was tough out there, it was a number game, I was lucky to get 6 bites and land 5.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 06/20/08 at 14:35:00
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Nick!  Way to spank 'em!!

Sarge - I'm sure you did better than most of us would have, so kudos to you for getting the tough bites into the livewell!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo