Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riffe (Read 12592 times)
b_olson
Forum Member

Riffe
05/14/08 at 01:00:00
Quote Print Post  
does anyone have the number for the place we are staying at?

IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Re: Riffe
Reply #1 - 05/14/08 at 01:32:40
Quote Print Post  
www.tacomapower.com/parksReservations: 1-888-CAMPOUT (226-7688)

Tacoma Power Park - Taidnapam

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/14/08 at 03:03:19
Quote Print Post  
team tracker is in site 27.  on a side note called the hotline today and all boat launches are still closed due to low water.   Shocked

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/14/08 at 03:26:21
Quote Print Post  
Hi All,

Here's a little more information on the water levels...

As of today Riffe Lake is at 708'. Last I've heard from the water management folks, this hot weather coming up should send a lot of water into the lake and may bring the lake up as much as 10 feet by the end of the weekend. The lake will probably be lower than usual for our tourney, but we should still have access.

Chris

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #4 - 05/14/08 at 05:51:46
Quote Print Post  
Any idea when the lake will be high enough for a guy to launch his boat and do a little pre-fishing or will I be doing that on the first day of the tournament. Huh

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/08 at 23:06:26
Quote Print Post  
A word of advise from someone who has a lot of time on the water at Riffe. When the water is low and it comes up a lot quickly (like it probably will with this warmer weather) beware of dead heads floating around. A lot of the lumber on the banks gets lifted up and with the winds that place gets it gets blown all over the lake. I have seen this happen several times over the years I have fished this lake. I was fishing the smallies in Riffe back in the early 90's. Back then there were only a small handfull of guys that knew about the smallies there. Good luck to you all and be careful. I don't want to read about anyone tearing up thier boats or themselves. Because I care.....

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/18/08 at 16:18:11
Quote Print Post  
took a trip up to riffe lake yesterday morning to scout out some exposed structure.  the lake is incredibly low but the cowlitz was absolutely ripping its gonna fill up pretty good the next week or so.  anyway here are a few of the pics i took up there to show how low it is.  the new low water ramp is actually in the water but i think they dont want you to launch into a river  Cheesy

this is up near the campground looking downriver

on a ridge looking over at cosmos flat or the flat to the west of cosmos not sure  Undecided

creek channel ledge on cosmos flat

troy

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/18/08 at 16:54:09
Quote Print Post  
i just found this on the web that shows when they open each launch.  the new taidnapam launch should be open sometime next week based on this info.

"The Taidnapam North boat launch will open when the lake reaches 720 feet of elevation, and Mossyrock Park boat launch will open at about 725 feet. The Kosmos boat launch will open at about 746 feet and the Taidnapam Park boat launch will open at about 760 feet. Boaters can call Tacoma Power’s toll-free Fishing and Recreation Line at 1-888-502-8690 to learn the current water levels and which boat launches are open."

troy

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 05/21/08 at 00:51:38
Quote Print Post  
i got a camping spot but its a walk-in spot so ill need to steel some power from someone for my battery. there is another club tourny the same weekend. the Pierce County Bass Anglers will be out there too.

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #9 - 05/21/08 at 01:59:29
Quote Print Post  
Brian, not a problem, we are in site 45(or just look for the Miller lite cans!) oh wait,it's a tourney,the pepsi cans. yeah right. Jack

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/21/08 at 03:01:39
Quote Print Post  
You guys will be lucky to even launch with this cooler weather screwing things up. You better start praying for some warmer temps.

Russ

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 05/21/08 at 03:29:24
Quote Print Post  
It came up 10 feet in the last 2 days.  Sarge gave me some cfm mumbo jumbo I don't understand, but it's rippin' now.  Should be up plenty for the "T".

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/21/08 at 04:08:04
Quote Print Post  
launches are already open the lake rose nearly almost thirty feet since friday  Shocked.  the river was ripping on saturday so i'm not surprised. 

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/21/08 at 17:21:43
Quote Print Post  
Thats some great news Smiley Smiley. Hope some fish are spawning but the lake does look pretty muddy. Good luck to all.

Russ

IP Logged

Casey
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/23/08 at 01:08:56
Quote Print Post  
man thats crazy!!! those pictures are crazy Troy, i cant believe that man.

thanks, Casey

hopefully i can make this tournament!!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo