Normal Topic Thank You Russ Baker (Read 2104 times)
kelleyann3838
Ex Member

Thank You Russ Baker
04/26/08 at 14:45:23
Quote Print Post  
Wink Isn't Baker a great guy!  I see by his last posting that he's rubbing it in with his claim of coming out best in the Potholes Open over his fellow club members.  I felt compelled, for those who don't already know, to let you know how that came to pass.  Nine days before the Open, Russ & his ever so sweet daughter, Heather, stayed overnight in my home.  After emptying my fridge (that boy can eat chicken & ice cream), he kept me up until 3 a.m. pumping me for information on where to go & what to use.  I drew the line when he asked me to fly him over O'Sullivan & point over the spots.  Congrats, Zipper Guy (he does sell fasteners), the dynamite worked!

Ken Kernan, Director
Potholes Bass Tournament  

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: Thank You Russ Baker
Reply #1 - 04/26/08 at 15:30:32
Quote Print Post  
Ken, thanks for a great tournament.  We're used to Russ around here! Grin

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 04/26/08 at 16:47:13
Quote Print Post  
Let me echo Terry's remarks Ken.  I had not fished the Open for over 10 years and had a great time.  I could make only one recommendation for next year.  How about having a snowman building contest prior in the dead time between the last weigh-in and the awards.  As a final event we could all make snowballs out of the snowmen and throw them at Baker! Smiley  Maybe that would slow down his bloviation a bit. Grin

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/26/08 at 18:39:33
Quote Print Post  
MR T of Open,

That chicken and Mrs T's ice cream was awesome I might add and hard to pass up. You know when the smack is out someone has to rub it in-heck I had to make up for last years whoopin.

Maybe you will find it in your kind heart to change the date of this Open to May so my co-horts other WBC team members can catch fish in more confortable weather. Grin Grin Grin

Zipper Man/Flippin Guru/Flippin Magician

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/08 at 01:41:45
Quote Print Post  
Ken I wanted to express my thanks for once again putting on another great event. I was just happy that Russell and I were able to finish ahead of you. Well... You and all the other Western members that were talkin smack. I once again had more fun at that tournament than I do at most. I hope that in the future that you and the Potholes Bass club do not forget to turn up the thermostat before you head to the lake on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully you will invite more of us to the ice cream social next year. Plus next year I would like to see you come to our camp and try your hand at the Saturday night Texas Holdem game. Which I am happy to say I won this year.  Thanks to all of you who donated to my cause. Now I can afford another pack of those seceret baits I was using at the open.............

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo