Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) cracked hull (Read 11688 times)
S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: cracked hull
Reply #30 - 03/01/08 at 04:28:06
Quote Print Post  
Troy...do your very best to INSIST that Tracker take the hull back to the Ozarks to fix or replace....most especially, replace. When you get it back, trade it off on something good. You'll NEVER regret that move. C&R, Steve

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/01/08 at 05:32:16
Quote Print Post  
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE TIN?  

Ouch! I guess my 12 year old Lund that cost me $12,000 has been no good huh?  Gee, let's see: I use it every Monday, dark to dark, every month, 52 weeks a year, for 12 years, and it's still together - why didn't anyone warn me! Some of you wouldn't go out in the waves I've had to deal with in the winter, but no one warned me off so that I had to stay home time and time again...  And at a $1000 a year, (12,000/12) - well, some of you spend more on gas than that for your huge fiberglass boats each year, yet no one cared enough to free me from such an economical ride!  I could have been in debt for at least $15-$20 K more and lived a truly financially strapped American lifestyle, but alas, no friend stopped me!  I've bounced that hunk of tin off rocks, beached it on boulders, ran into a bouy at night doing 35 mph, but no one thought to direct me to the "worryless care" of a fiberglass boat!  I feel so alone!  Doesn't anyone care!  Do I have no friends?  I think I'll go eat some worms...

TIN: been very, very, good to me! Wink

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #32 - 03/01/08 at 13:39:32
Quote Print Post  
Rev,
 I'll be your friend!  The funny thing about this sport is that you don't have to have fancy boats, fancy trucks, $250 "fancy rods" or fancy patches on your coat to be good at it.  All I have to say is, "don't worry Rev, even if you don't have all that, YOU'RE GOOD!"  Thrifty with your purchases means more time on the water, less stress and you don't have the guilt of a $1200 per month boat and tow rig payment.  If you fished every Saturday of the month, had a $600 per month boat payment (not uncommon anymore) and a $600 per month tow rig payment (also not uncommon) you would spend $300 every Saturday to go fishing.  An 8 hour fishing day would cost you $37.50 per hour (or $.62 per minute) to be out there. Of course, that doesn't include fuel, oil, insurance or up keep.  Thinking about it that way, Fishing better be DARN GOOD!  "Tin IS in" (if you don't want the stress)!!!!!!!!!!!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 03/01/08 at 16:28:56
Quote Print Post  
Smitty/Ron,

LOL -Man no one can take a joke anymore about pushing your favorite ride.  Shocked Shocked It was the Yammi service issue I had with the dealer not the fiberglass ride I own. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

In my politically correct words I should have said to make everyone politically correctly happy that its too bad that anyboat cracks fiberglass or tin. If the boat is under warranty send it back to the factory and let them deal with it.

Atleast your still floating with fiberglass. My .02 and  Grin Grin

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/02/08 at 16:19:19
Quote Print Post  
Rev - While I will not argue your logic, the difference is Lund vs. Tracker.  Flat vs. V-hull.  Flat hulls take big abuse in the slightest chop, hence the premature aging of the hull.  I can certainly appreciate Ron's logic, except that I boat, fish, hunt with the knowledge that I am a fart away from a $2,500+ repair bill anytime I fire up the big motor.  We are ALL running the gauntlet when we run across the lake at any speed, but, alas, none if it makes Troy feel much better about his situation.  Troy, I hope it works out for you buddy.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #35 - 03/02/08 at 17:35:14
Quote Print Post  
A "fart away"!  Now that's funny right thar!!!  I agree "Gotfive", cracks, dents, dings or "farts away", this game we play resembles "Russian roulette" in so many ways but settin' the hook tends to make us "forget all that".  Good luck Troy!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #36 - 03/03/08 at 01:10:29
Quote Print Post  
Heck, I put the gun to my head again this morning when I went to Sammamish. Shocked  No gunshot however, and no gaseous expulsions from my anal orifice. Smiley  Whew!  I'm sure glad of that! Smiley

Smitty[font=Fantasy][/font] Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03/03/08 at 02:15:19
Quote Print Post  
DUNE HOPPER wrote on 03/03/08 at 01:10:29:
no gaseous expulsions from my anal orifice.

Sure, Smitty.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #38 - 03/15/08 at 17:01:29
Quote Print Post  
Hey Troy....hows the research/eval of the boat going....any update?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #39 - 04/06/08 at 23:10:32
Quote Print Post  
Any update Troy??

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 04/07/08 at 02:19:07
Quote Print Post  
err....well i've called about 20 places and havn't found anyone to do it.  the boat was stuck in my parents backyard the last two weeks so i've didnt really mess with it.  basically i call someone they refer me to another, they cant, refer me to another, etc, etc.  to be honest i've been taking it fishing this last week and will probably fish our tournies until i get someone to fix it Tongue.

troy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #41 - 04/07/08 at 19:13:37
Quote Print Post  
Troy,
If you're having a hard time finding a welding shop, I can help you out there.  I had the same problems as you when I had to have my tin boat welded (same issues with the foam too, plus there's issues with welding thin aluminum too).   I'll have to do a little digging, but I can find the place that did my boat.  It cost a few hundred bucks, but they did a bang up job with minimal damage to the foam.  AND the hull was stronger than factory as a result.  They're located up in Everett by Paine Field, and specialize in manufacturing aircraft parts, hence the expertise in aluminum welding.  Let me know if you're interested.

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #42 - 04/07/08 at 20:18:01
Quote Print Post  
Troy,
Might want to take Glenn up on that... maybe they can make your boat fly?  Grin

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 04/07/08 at 23:05:36
Quote Print Post  
PM sent glenn

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #44 - 04/10/08 at 10:51:41
Quote Print Post  
Troy don't forget we weld aluminum here in the Claw. You can also back seat with me if you need. Im not big fan of fishing with anyone in a heads up tournament but I can make room if your boat is broke. I think it's the massive competitiveness that I can't seem to get rid of.

But if you beat the crap out of me from the back..... you'll be in the water. Bring your water wings AOY! Smiley

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo