Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) cracked hull (Read 11689 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: cracked hull
Reply #15 - 02/27/08 at 06:28:13
Quote Print Post  
No just go by a Skeeter and you won't have any problems Wink Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #16 - 02/27/08 at 15:26:46
Quote Print Post  
Troy the answer to your problem may be the 2002 19' used Triton that is for sale, and that I just posted the ad for in the posting above.  It should be a dependable ride, fast enough for you to barely keep me in sight (on a short run) Smileyand certainly more durable and fishable than the Tracker.  I'm confident the price is negotiable. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #17 - 02/28/08 at 04:49:33
Quote Print Post  
Troy....Even better....Mack Randall, who had just won the Ranger 188 is reducing the price to .....get this........$25.000!!!!
Brand new.....all warranties and rights to Ranger Rewards program!
Just built and being delivered in March!!! You gotta call him!!!!
Its the 18-8' 150 E-Tec. He is getting the specs ready to post!

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #18 - 02/28/08 at 13:25:08
Quote Print Post  
Troy, try Streich Bros. Inc. in Tacoma. 253-383-1491 ask for Bill. Have used them for years, they are good.                                 Nightbasser

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #19 - 02/28/08 at 13:44:54
Quote Print Post  
Troy,
  First of all, that SUCKS!  Secondly, "If", whomever you decide to take the boat to, decides that they will "try" and weld it (most likely what you will hear), there will be no warranty on the repair.  If I were you, I'd be there the day they take it apart, take lots of digital pictures of the process and repair BEFORE they put the boat back together and ABSOLUTELY be there when they are putting it back together.  The reason, the "floatation foam" that is sprayed in place during the manufacture process serves several purposes.  Obviously, floatation and believe it ot not, I think it is also structural.  The re-install process of the decking, foam and wiring. if done by the "yard hand" can be a disaster.  If the screws fastening the deck to the framing are "over sunk" or the wiring is left to "flop" around in the hull or stretched too tight, the could be a bigger mess is 6 months. Glenns point about JB WELD is a good one.  If the "repair guy/welder" doesn't prep the area right, extend the weld (heli-arc, not welding) several inches beyond the end of the crack, it WILL open up again.  I would suggest the pictures only so you have something to provide Tracker documenting it was done properly.  Since this problem presented itself under your warranty period and you had it repaired properly, when (not if) the damn thing starts leaking again, Tracker should continue to be responsible for that area.  FOREVER!!!  My .02

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/28/08 at 17:00:59
Quote Print Post  
Excellent advice Prez,  Troy, sorry to hear about the crack.  Consider calling both Gonnason's Marine and Camano Marine, ( the other tracker dealer in the area) and see whom they recommend to fix it.  Also make sure you contact TMG and get their input on what to do about the proper documentation on getting this fixed and warraties.  In the mean time, I always have a backseat for ya.

Mark

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #21 - 02/28/08 at 22:24:11
Quote Print Post  
Russ,
  Wasn't it a "tin 19 ft. Skeeter" with a 150 at Banks lake a few years back at the jamboree that Nixons brought out for "test rides". If I'm not mistaken, it too split right down the keel from end to end?  We're not talking about "at the end of the day, there's alot of water in the boat", we're talking "thank god there's floataion in the boat"!!  It's not the fact that it's a Tracker and not a Skeeter, THEY SPLIT TOO!  It's because it's tin and not fiberglass (or Kevlar) Smiley  Cracks on "tin boats" are NOT brand specific.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #22 - 02/28/08 at 22:35:34
Quote Print Post  
HAHA, well put Prez.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #23 - 02/29/08 at 04:53:27
Quote Print Post  
Good memory Ron!!! Smiley
And by the way Russ, it seems that on these very pages not too long ago you were complaining about some problems with your Bug Bote.
They will all have some kind of problems sometime or the other.  Having a Skeeter nameplate doesn't make them bulletproof.  In the case of this state, the name of the boat just might mean they are difficult to get repaired. Shocked

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #24 - 02/29/08 at 05:04:35
Quote Print Post  
Either way....as serious anglers, we all acknowledge that this whole thread still SUCKS as we all want our rides to last forever and would do whatever it takes to fish our butts off and remember things learned by others so as not to re-invent the wheel so with that..........

"FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE TIN!" Grin

P.S. good thing you got "AOY" out of the way!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 02/29/08 at 23:29:04
Quote Print Post  
But Larry, didn't you coin the phrase, "If God had meant for there to be fiberglass boats, he would have made fiberglass rivets."

HAHAHA!  Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #26 - 03/01/08 at 00:38:57
Quote Print Post  
You should talk my "Former Tin Kin".........

"Let ye not cast the first Heli-Arc Welder, lest ye be done with it" Cheesy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #27 - 03/01/08 at 01:02:20
Quote Print Post  
Still sucks to hear a fellow member out of a boat, even for a little while.  We all know, well some of us know to buy the strongest boats, BassCat leading 
With the Lifetime Structural Warranty, thats transferable to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th owners... 
This is copied off the Skeeter website: "This structural warranty may be transferred during the 10 year warranty period to a second retail purchaser, according to the terms below. Structural Warranty to the second retail purchaser will expire 10 years from the first retail purchase date."
This is written down right next to a logo that says, Warranty, Strongest in the Industry  Roll Eyes
BulletProof ???

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 03/01/08 at 03:29:03
Quote Print Post  
Hey now Chris, got to remember BassCats neighbors across the street (Really) also have a full lifetime transferable warranty...........If I knew how to post the STIR THE POT sign, I would...haha

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #29 - 03/01/08 at 04:15:12
Quote Print Post  
Legend has it goin on too, not forgetting you guys.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo