Normal Topic Lake Stevens (Read 1744 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Lake Stevens
07/11/07 at 17:58:31
Quote Print Post  
Hit lake Stevens  yesterday 07-10-07 We were in town dropping off my kid at camp. We didn't get to the lake till almost 10am About 15min in I toss my bait on a log & had to stop to help my wife with her poll when I went to pick it back up fish on It was a huge trout 23inch 4lbr I am not much for slimmer fishing but that was cool. We moved down lake & 10min later BAM!!!I hook a 7LB LM she was full of eggs the eggs started dripping out when I was holding her so we had some caviar for are sandwich's  Wink
Ok so now I have had my fun it was time to get Pam a fish but I have only fished this lake once about 2years ago for about 4hrs So I look at the topo map & guess were the SM might be. I set her up with dropshot & we head over to the spot. I hooked a SM just under 2lbs it was about 12:30 after that 0 nothing not a nibble. We stayed till about 4:30 & I could not take anymore between the wakeboards & the wind I was done.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Stevens
Reply #1 - 07/11/07 at 20:04:27
Quote Print Post  
Wow - spawning fish in July!  Are these fish mixed up or what?  I guess the weird weather this year has really had them confused.  Or maybe she was just one of those that waited for the third wave of spawning - which in my experience is rare, but it happens some years.  Nice fish!  Congrats!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 07/11/07 at 20:39:51
Quote Print Post  
We caught a 4.5 lb LMB last weekend during the Silver Lake ABA that was spawning. Smiley  Just goes to prove what a lot of folks have always said.  "Not all the bass spawn at any one time in northern waters."

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 12/23/08 at 04:35:34
Quote Print Post  
i just learn how to do this. this was in oct.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo