Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake-Sunday (Read 9616 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake-Sunday
Reply #15 - 03/06/07 at 02:02:32
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

I don't think you need to be associated with a click called Team A$$ Pocket. That kind of reminds me of the movie Deliverance and I don't think you want to go there.

Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/12/07 at 18:33:45
Quote Print Post  
Well, I held out on going to the fish-in to go to Silver on Sunday with Nick. We got to the lake and put the boat in to 25 to 35 mph gusts of steady wind! Right away I knew it was going to be a fun day. I just want to say that Nick's Legend is a great boat and handles the water VERY well. Great ride, lots of room and storage as well. We fished from 11 to 7 with two bites Nick got a 1 pounder and I got a nice and fat 3 pounder. All and all it was a blast fishing with Nick out on Silver yesterday. Nick, your an animal most guy's wouldn't have stuck it out all day. Wink Water temps are up almost 3 to 4 degrees from last weekend, main lake was 52 and the cannals are 54 already! Cool

Carlos

BTW we ran into an interesting ole timer that lives on the lake and he intertained us with some BASS history and he even had a WBC trophy on his wall from the 50's and 60's. We also got the secrets of the lake. Look out! Wink

P.S. I hear some of you guys went down on Saturday and couldn't seal the deal. He he he... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #17 - 03/12/07 at 18:47:59
Quote Print Post  
Wow good job Carlos.  I was there saturday and the water temps were 49-50.  I was using a portable water temp thats .5 degree accurate with my Lowrance.  It was windy for me too, I messed around in the canals most of the time.  Me and my girl got zip.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #18 - 03/12/07 at 23:03:40
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report, Carlos.  With some digital enhanncing techniques I was able to determine the exact bait and approximate time and location of the photo you posted.  Thanks again. Grin
Ray

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/12/07 at 23:32:49
Quote Print Post  
Yep, it was alot of fun. IT WAS WINDY and we stuck it out of the wind almost the whole day. We were fishin very slow and had a good time. That was my first fish of the year 13 1/2 inches. I have not been able to get out on the water for a full day (almost at all) this year and finally got to get out for the whole day and had some fun. IT WAS WARM TOO!!!! Very Humid.   

John Robard is his name, he just wanted to see if anybody can remember his name??? He says in the 60's he tore up the western bass club at their annual silver lake picnic.

-Nick

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/12/07 at 23:51:17
Quote Print Post  
I have met him and talked with him a number of times, I believe.  Does he live near the old streeters resort?

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/13/07 at 01:15:06
Quote Print Post  
?? I dontknow where the old streeters is, I know th current one. He owns a big 5 acre plot on the main road before you get to the state park.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #22 - 03/13/07 at 05:50:50
Quote Print Post  
Ya, I've met him out there a couple of times and he knows a lot about the lake history!  But I don't think he told carlos anything thats going to allow him to compete with me!  He seems to be a pretty good guy though, likes to talk!

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/13/07 at 16:59:53
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Jon is a great guy and loves to talk about Bass fishing. He definatly has a passion for our sport. Kind of reminded me of someone I know just older. Anyway I was just kidding about lake secrets. He didn't give much away. Besides it always means a lot more when you do all the work getting on em or figuring em out.

Joel, I love your confidents. I think that's great but, lets not get carried away son. I'm looking forward to battling you. Are you going to fish the St. Helens Open as well? We'll have to get out there together someday too, like we talked about. I can show you how...Just kidding. Get on some TOADS for me if your out there this weekend. It should be nice! BTW I barely recognized you with the new hair cut last weekend.

Ray, now if your angling skills were as good as your computer skills you'd be deadly! lol

Carlos
« Last Edit: 03/13/07 at 23:05:50 by »  

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 03/13/07 at 23:52:52
Quote Print Post  
If you look at old maps of Silver Lake, one of the canals is named Robard's Ditch.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #25 - 03/14/07 at 04:32:01
Quote Print Post  
I don't remember him, but I'm certain my dad knows him.  My dad was WBC secretary from '68-'72.  I was fishing in the club back then, but I was just a young pup.  Wink

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 03/15/07 at 04:07:24
Quote Print Post  
He really loves to talk, but yes Glenn, your dad would know him, he was always talking about the late 60's early 70's.

He has every Bassmaster issue ever made!!!!!

-Nick

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 03/17/07 at 01:29:55
Quote Print Post  
I think Mark got the first one last year in January when it was snowing though. Remember? And if you are talking about that 5 you caught in Silver.....it was after my 3 pounder  Smiley

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 03/19/07 at 02:19:52
Quote Print Post  
Lets hear how the prefish went? How many and what size?
Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #29 - 03/19/07 at 04:06:55
Quote Print Post  
I pre-fished two weekends in a row.  Nothing.  I'm saving my best for this saturday  Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo