Normal Topic Washington weekend madness (Read 1599 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Washington weekend madness
09/05/06 at 16:24:57
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washinton on Monday and wow, what madness.  The largemouth and smallies were on fire.  Hit a topwater bite for largies first thing in the morning.  Good for 9 largemouth, best being 3.75lbs and switched up to smallies at 8:30 and caught 20+ smallies with the best 5 going right at 18lbs.  Had two just short of 5lbs and a plenty of 2's and 3's to fill out a very nice bag.  Typical suspects for baits.  Dropshot, leadhead, carolina rig for the smallies and a topwater plastic frog by yum for the largies.

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Washington weekend madness
Reply #1 - 09/10/06 at 15:31:12
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mark...you are right on on the madness part....me and Faz, after the Cast for kids event hit the West shore south of the Atlantic City launch and had one of those 60+ fish days fished from 1pm till 6:30pm....all but two were fat footballs but none over two pounds....dropshot was the big killer and my Shot-Bow is feeling it today!

Yes Russ....not quite a Senk-Bow Wink

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/13/06 at 02:04:42
Quote Print Post  
Man...I would love to have a day like that this time of year.  Got to get my boat up and running first.  Angry

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/13/06 at 13:50:35
Quote Print Post  
What a difference a week makes.  Went out with DJ from West Coast Custom Tackle on Monday.  Headed to some weed line areas to continue building on my weed line area's to fish.  First area nothing, second area yielded two quick fish.  3.75 and a 2lb smallie on some of DJ's new custom colors..... Way cool looking stuff by the way guys.  He is a master of great looking custom pours.  Worked a number of other area's  and missed one and broke one off.  Started to hit some docks around 1 pm and finally got into 4 fish with the best going 4.5 that fell to DJ's confidence bait.  Don't worry DJ I won't tell anybody about the  red worm with green flake.  Your secret is safe with me.   Grin  Wink  Hit one last area for one more small guy and it was time to go.  It is amazing how fast the smallie bite can change on this lake.  One little storm front comes thru and bam very few bites.  But always a great day with beautiful to enjoy beats the heck out of working.  Thanks DJ for coming out.  We have to do it again soon.

Mark

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/16/06 at 04:04:16
Quote Print Post  
For 15 years Larry Gonczy and I tried to prove wrong that old belief "that a North Wind is deadly on Lake Washington."  But I can't.  It doesn't mean you can't catch fish - but the majority are certainly turned off.  Then a couple of days of stable weather - bamn, they're on again.  Unfortunately, (and I have no way to prove this), I believe that there are more North fronts that come through on Mondays - my day off, than any other day of the week.  And the one Monday I took off, you guys killed them!   Funny huh? hmmm...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo