Normal Topic American Lake (Read 1300 times)
jwerner
Ex Member

American Lake
08/24/06 at 04:28:06
Quote Print Post  
  Anyone in the club fish it or know anything about it?  I have talked witha few locals here and I hear about the smallies from time to time.  I will probably try her out next year.

ROLLTIDE

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: American Lake
Reply #1 - 09/10/06 at 17:05:40
Quote Print Post  
the lake fishes real well early in the season for smallies.  talked to a guy who fishes it alot in the summer and says they disappear on him.  lots of traffic in the summer keeps me away, but i will be investigating this fall.  there are some real toads in there took a picture of a guys smallie that was 6 1/2 and then he showed me pics of like a 8 or 9lb largie he had caught there the week before.  lots of rock bass to bother you in the summer months too.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: American Lake
Reply #2 - 09/11/06 at 02:45:58
Quote Print Post  
ok after writing my last post i decided to take the boat out  Grin.  hit the lake with a buddy from 12-4.  we boated numerous rockbass and perch Angry and 5 smallies from 13-16in and 1 largie about 3lbs.  all smallies came from about 20ft on a drop shot hand pour of mine.  all  the fish were scattered and it was a pain trying to work through the rock bass.  got run off of one ledge with perch all over it by the damn ski boats.  i think im gonna hit steilicoom sometime this week after work.  good luck

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo