Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) J & J July 29 & 30 (Read 9561 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

J & J July 29 & 30
07/31/06 at 21:23:49
Quote Print Post  
Wow,
What a great time!  The Jack & Jill is fast becoming my favorite event.  It was great to see some Jill's that we do not normally get to see and to offer condolenses for putting up with their respective Jack's is worth the price of admission.  Well, this years event was not without non-fishing excitement, but I will leave that to Russ to describe. Shocked  The fishing was typical Roosevelt action, a ton of fish and daily bag limits in the 10-12 lb range, and the top three teams all in the 22lb range, seperated by ounces only.  Major congrats to Stu and Samantha for the victory.  Nicely done.  Stu is even getting the Wolsky Holler down pat.  Could hear him clear across a half mile of reservoir.  Maybe it was Samantha, don't know Smiley.  Thanks to Lyle and Andrea for providing the protein on Saturday evening.  As always you guys are great at BBQ as you are at catching fish with your second place finish.  Congrats to Ron and Shanne Hankinson for a solid third place and a lesson in stick with what works.  Dave Jarrel and Paige mounted a huge comeback on Sunday, but fell short of the money for fourth place.  Great job!!  After that it becomes a bit gray.  I will count on the rest of you for that.  Thanks everyone!!!!  See you soon!
« Last Edit: 08/01/06 at 00:11:54 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: J & J July 29 & 30
Reply #1 - 07/31/06 at 23:49:00
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Stu and Samantha!!!!!!  Sounds like everyone did pretty good.  BTW, it was the 29th and 30th.  
« Last Edit: 08/02/06 at 05:27:54 by StuK »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/01/06 at 00:11:33
Quote Print Post  
22, 23 or 29, 30.  Details......sheees..... Tongue
« Last Edit: 08/02/06 at 05:28:11 by StuK »  

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/01/06 at 00:45:04
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations Stu & Samantha, Andrea & Lyle,  Ron & Shanne  Grin

This is a good tournament, I look forward to myself and Judy out there next year.

BillB

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/01/06 at 00:48:51
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

You describe it well, an absolute blast. Great food by Logstons, good laughs and almost cry's Embarrassed Cry on my part- my new log in name should be "Ramming Russ" as I almost cut Jack and Deidre's Nitro in half by accident of coarse, couldn't see in the peripheral vision as I hit reverse as fast as I can to avoid a disaster  after saturday's weigh in. Couldn't buy a 2lb fish or better, but managed to catch tons of keepers with my daughter at her first tournament with me.

Looking forward to next year without the near miss.
Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/01/06 at 01:44:08
Quote Print Post  
Russ, Russ, Russ,,,,  How are you going to ever correct your daughter's driving if you can't drive?Hmmmm,,,We will be offering remedial drivers training on land at my place in Lakebay (no water involved)....Sorry to hear you scared the H---- out of your daughter. 

I bet everyone will ride you now and your right, you probably just changed your own log in name now.  At least no one was hurt and there was NO damage actually. 

Hey, NO TROPHY??  Whats that all about, I thought you were headed for #3?   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/01/06 at 01:56:07
Quote Print Post  
Chuck,

I took it easy on this one. Wanted the girls to have a grand time and myself to have a relaxing event after putting in 65 hour weeks.
Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/01/06 at 18:54:41
Quote Print Post  
WOW, Samantha and Stu win the Jack & Jill.  Congratulations!!!

Let's see now.  Stu and Don Carlos go out and can't catch a fish in a tournament.  Then Stu makes a change to Samantha as his fishing partner and BAM they win it.  What would this seem to tell you?

Way to go Sam.  I hope you didn't give Stu too many of your secrets Shocked

We still haven't heard from the winners how they did it or who got the most fish.

It sounds like you all had a great time, as always.  Dottie and I look forward to being there next year.

Rich

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/01/06 at 20:17:13
Quote Print Post  
I'll just let that one go since your probly just frustated that you can't do much fishing these days... Wink

"The Don"

Good job Stu and Sam!

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/02/06 at 02:48:43
Quote Print Post  
Good Job STU and SAMANTHA!

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #10 - 08/02/06 at 05:58:11
Quote Print Post  
We had a great time this weekend.

Thanks to Jim for running a great tourney and to Logstons and everyone who contributed to another awesome potluck. We had a blast hanging out with all the other couples.

As for how the fishing went, we went to the flats with almost everyone else on Saturday AM, but had a pretty slow start. We ended up going to Plum Point and dragging Carolina rigged lizards in 10 - 25 feet of water and we picked up our 6 fish limit in a couple of hours, but had a couple of barely 12 inch fish in the well. About 1 pm, we wandered back to the flats and picked up our biggest fish of the day on a drop shot. It was a very average limit, but it was within a pound up or down of most everyone else.

On Sunday, we started at a topwater spot on the flats, but didn't get anything. We started motoring out to go back to Plum Point, but on the way I saw on the graph that the bottom was 9 - 12 feet deep with scattered weeds and boulders/rock. We decided to try dragging our lizards there and ended up getting good fish after good fish from 7:00 am until 8:30 am. We just went around in a big figure 8. By 8:30, we had the limit we finished with, except for one that we culled later.

So on Sunday we ended up with 6 fish at 1.5 - 2.2 lbs each. Nothing huge, just a bunch of decent (for Roosevelt) cookie cutter fish.

Yes, Samantha caught the most fish. What can I say, the woman can fish. Kiss I felt like I did a good job putting us on fish and making some good decisions - and I also caught a lot of good fish.

I haven't ever had a fishing day, much less a tourney, like we had this weekend, so it was really great.

We are really thankful for all of the friendship, help and support we receive from our fellow club members, no matter where we finish.

Thanks!
Stu and Samantha

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/02/06 at 06:16:40
Quote Print Post  
Thats awesome Stu.  Great job both of you.  Smiley

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/02/06 at 08:42:06
Quote Print Post  
"Ramming Russ"...??...??

No comments....

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/03/06 at 03:05:39
Quote Print Post  
Fantastic Job Karpenko's!  Grin

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/05/06 at 17:23:29
Quote Print Post  
What a great week-end with the Jack and Jill.  Terry and I had a great time and many thanks to Lyle and Andrea for the great BBQ.   

Congrats to Stu and Samantha on your first place. 

And thanks Jim for doing another great job as TD. 

Also thaks to Russ for the entertainment my heart skipped a beat or two during the demonstration of boating skills.

Thanks for all the fun and fellowship WBC.

Bill and Terry

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo