Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lk Steilacoom (Read 11327 times)
jwerner
Ex Member

Lk Steilacoom
02/07/06 at 04:40:48
Quote Print Post  
Looking to fish this lake this year.  Anyone out there with some places/ tips?

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Lk Steilacoom
Reply #1 - 06/25/06 at 22:16:51
Quote Print Post  
from what i hear it is a good early season lake but it gets heavily loaded with weeds making fishing tough.  had moderate success fishing the brindge with a dropshot and catching alot of 12in. largies.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/06 at 02:42:29
Quote Print Post  
all this talk is gonna make me want to fish this lake again.  how is the boat traffic?

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/26/06 at 23:03:12
Quote Print Post  
I remember looking at this lake and thinking the access was pretty rough.  How is the launch and the parking?  I have been meaning to get out there and take another look but haven't gotten around to it yet.

-jw

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/27/06 at 01:43:08
Quote Print Post  
launch is steep but do able.  the parking is bad but if you get there early you get a decent street spot.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/29/06 at 23:19:28
Quote Print Post  
launched there once in fall when the lake was way down and dropped the trailer off the end of the ramp.  so just be carefull it drops off a few feet off the end.  probably not a problem at normal levels just when it is low.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/17/06 at 00:20:08
Quote Print Post  
Jwerner,

Those are some nice fish.
Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/17/06 at 21:57:50
Quote Print Post  
Great pic and nice pigs!  My friend have been bugging me to fish that lake.  Might have to go out there one of these days.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/23/06 at 15:54:36
Quote Print Post  
Hey nice pics of some dang nice fish.  If there are kokanee in the lake, try throwing a big ol' white super spook for topwater.  This mimics a wounded koke and you know they feed on them.  I use this theory on Chelan and it works to a tee, all day long.  This is a BIG fish bait.  You may not get a ton of strikes, but when you do, it is generally a fish of larger proportions.  Just a hint.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/13/06 at 04:13:51
Quote Print Post  
hey jwerner i think i saw you out there tonight.  i was the guy in the red bass tracker.  your right this is a cool lake to fish.  gonna bring my aqua-vu out next time to explore some areas.  didnt have any luck with smallies but we slayed the largies including a 6lber.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/14/06 at 00:08:03
Quote Print Post  
yep she got released after a quick pic.  seemed like when they killed the weeds off they only died in the shallow water cause we were getting weeds all the time when we moved deeper  ???.  probably try later this week and bring the aqua-vu with for fun.  had two sucker fish eat my yamamoto too man those things can fight.  also got about a 20in rainbow on a jerkbait too it was alot of fun.  i bet the smallie actions starts to pickup as the water cools.  hope to see ya out there agan and good luck.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 07/13/07 at 03:09:21
Quote Print Post  
Those are some PIGS.  Nice work !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #12 - 07/13/07 at 15:58:51
Quote Print Post  
WOW nice work there for post spawn that is one hell of a day. I will have check that lake out soon.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #13 - 07/22/07 at 04:48:18
Quote Print Post  
You and Logan got that lake figured out !!  Nice pic, super duper lookin life jacket Logan  Wink

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 09/07/07 at 04:13:07
Quote Print Post  
J,

Those are some great pics of you and the fish. Hey when are we going to see you on the tourney trail. Are you going to make the Chelan tourney? There are quite a few toads like that in there as well.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo