Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New Boat Question??? (Read 9381 times)
RobAllen
Ex Member

Re: New Boat Question???
Reply #15 - 11/29/05 at 03:37:20
Quote Print Post  
I'd drive over to Nampa and get a stratos 201 pro  but that's based more on company loyalty than anything else.. I love my  1988 stratos

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #16 - 11/29/05 at 04:24:06
Quote Print Post  
Hi Chris.
In 1976 I and a friend built and Sanger runner bottom boat that ran 114 mph. I have never had a rush like going 100+mph than on the water.When I was young I tried lots if things and nothing on 2 or 4 wheels had the pucker power. I know that I am much older know but still want the triple number, I not done yet.
« Last Edit: 12/02/05 at 18:11:10 by champ206 »  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/29/05 at 05:37:11
Quote Print Post  
I would prob. go with a Ranger also but Smitty's Stratos was a sweet ride! ......
All in all though....I would like to have another Tracker as it was my very first boat and TAUGHT ME how to fish more than as if I had just USED it. The l'il bugger gave me the most satisfaction of all!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #18 - 11/29/05 at 06:12:02
Quote Print Post  
Russ - don't assume Ranger costs more than the rest.  That's a misconception.  Price out the boats with the same features/options/brands (or as close to it) and you might be surprised.  At the time I bought my Ranger, comparible Skeeters actually cost 2 grand more, and Tritons were 2 grand less.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/29/05 at 07:02:48
Quote Print Post  
you could always get a bullet.  they are fast and...ok there just fast.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 11/29/05 at 16:00:57
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

I have been checking the NCBF website out quite a bit and noticed that a year old Ranger Z-20 is about $37K or less with a 225 on it and all the bells and whistles. Not sure yet about new or used but keeping options open. New ones compared to Stratos or Champion is like buying a house and I have two allready so that is out of the question. But really appreciate all the input. Bass boats as well as brands have gotten so much better in the past 5 years that its hard to decide. I'm leaning towards Stratos/Champ and will probably go that way unless I can find a Z-20 for about the same dinero.
Russ

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #21 - 11/29/05 at 16:02:07
Quote Print Post  
I like looking at 10 to 15 year boats and see how they have held up. Even though not Ranger , Stratos or Champ and Skeeter and owned by the same people who built those boats. I might be wrong on Skeeter. The old Rangers hauls have seemed to hold up really well in not cracking and appearance still looks good for what they are put through. I was very happy with my 85 Ranger. My Champ is 5 years old now and still no problems, not a Genmar boat.
« Last Edit: 11/29/05 at 20:33:52 by champ206 »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #22 - 11/29/05 at 19:39:32
Quote Print Post  
Rangers really hold their value, so if you're comparing same-year boats the Rangers are usually priced higher.

Keep in mind Ranger continues to build the VX series (my model) today, and they cost a little less than a Z-series.  

I know I sound like I'm trying to get you to go with a Ranger.  Really I'm not trying to "sell" you on it. I just want you to make an informed decision.

All the Genmar boats are exceptional picks, as well as the Skeeters.  It's tough finding the small differences that make a big difference.

Enjoy!

(fyi John, Yamaha now owns Skeeter)

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #23 - 11/29/05 at 20:46:28
Quote Print Post  
Skeeter has had a couple of owners. In 1983 Coleman purchased Skeeter and then in Febuary of 1996 started  installing Yamaha motors on all Skeeter's and a result of the acquistion of Skeeter Boats by Yamaha.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 11/29/05 at 21:55:49
Quote Print Post  
(Skeeter-Yamaha) Then you get a great with a great motor too!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 12/01/05 at 06:29:37
Quote Print Post  
Just like cars...so many to choose from.  I too am in and out of the market.  I haven't been in a real bass boat yet, but have done research on them.  I like the looks of the stratos and tritons, but I like the fact that skeeter is so local if there is a problem.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #26 - 12/01/05 at 15:07:19
Quote Print Post  
Don't let the fact that the Stratos dealer is in Nampa scare any of you away.  Angler's Marine in Spanaway, the same folks who gave the maintenance presentation at last month's meeting,  is an authorised Stratos Repair Center.  Not that you'll ever need a repair, but it's there anyway.  They might also be a Champion Repair Center.

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #27 - 12/01/05 at 19:31:00
Quote Print Post  
Russ.
Here to throw a curve. How about a Blazer. Great looking boat and C&O Marine sells them in Tn. Very reasonable price for what you get, BTW and fast. With a 250zx true 80+.
John

IP Logged

DR
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 12/01/05 at 20:58:44
Quote Print Post  
Just curious, but why are us bass guys so hung up on speed.  I've got a boat that will go about 70, but in all honesty I rarely go over 55.  I've never seen, or been in a situation where speed or lack of speed had an real bearing on how I did that day.  I mean, honestly.  Yeah, it's fun sometimes, but I think some people (especially those new to bass fishing or looking to buy a bass boat) think that how fast the boat is should be a serious consideration.  I'm just not seeing it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 12/01/05 at 21:18:17
Quote Print Post  
DR,

The only reason where speed is a factor is when you have to get somewhere in a hurry and the more you have the better it can be when weigh in times are a factor or you need to run up river to fish a spot for a few minutes and then run to your next spot. As far as overall, 65-70 is okay.
Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo