Normal Topic Before there was a Banks Lake (Read 2220 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Before there was a Banks Lake
10/14/05 at 16:24:27
Quote Print Post  
This is a picture from Oct 21st 1947 after the completion of the Grand Coulee Dam. You can tell that the water had not yet been pumped into the Grand Coulee area forming Banks Lake. That is Steamboat rock off in the distance out by itself. I believe they built both dams forming Banks after the main dam, and then pumped the water in. This was all part of the Columbia Basin Irrigation Project. Chris and Danny probably studied this. It's pretty cool though.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Before there was a Banks Lake
Reply #1 - 10/17/05 at 16:56:12
Quote Print Post  
That is a cool pic, Rob. Every time I go to Banks I mean to climb up the trail at Steamboat Rock and take in the view, but it's kinda hard to get away from the fishies Grin

I couldn't find it doing a quick search, but somewhere out there on the net there is a cool pic of a farmer plowing his field, which was really going to become Barker Flats soon... Steamboat Rock is in the background. It is a cool pic! If I find it I will post it.

Chris

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/17/05 at 17:19:21
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/17/05 at 17:47:28
Quote Print Post  
This was from the UW library. I found a website just messing around. They had a lot of picts of what would be Lake Roosevelt before it was damned. Some roads beds down there I never knew existed.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/19/05 at 14:42:54
Quote Print Post  
There it is... Cool, Pat!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo