Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Aug 6th Fish-In, Seafair? (Read 7452 times)
Chris B
Ex Member

Aug 6th Fish-In, Seafair?
07/29/05 at 19:00:53
Quote Print Post  
Any particular reason we are fishing Washington?  In my mind I'd either 1. go to watch Seafair, or 2. stay as far away from that mess as possible.  Have we had a Fish-In on a BUUUUSSSY weekend like this before?  I figured you picked the lake so we can fish and watch the Hydro's if desired. ???

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Aug 6th Fish-In, Seafair?
Reply #1 - 07/29/05 at 22:37:38
Quote Print Post  
Opp's, I don't think Rob figured that in. We'll have to see what he wants to do about that. 8)

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/30/05 at 00:25:25
Quote Print Post  
we should go to sammamish

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/01/05 at 17:41:50
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish will be getting beatun up big time by all the people not wanting to go no Washington. I was on Sammamish this Sunday and it was heavily beaten by Ski-boats and Jet-Skis, I only saw two other Bass Boats all day.

My vote would be for a lake a little further away and maybe for once, a lake with no Skiers...

Faz
« Last Edit: 08/01/05 at 22:53:12 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/01/05 at 18:52:07
Quote Print Post  
Faz, my guess is thats how Sammamish has been for months now.  Tongue  A month ago I got out a little before 6am, there was only a couple trailers in the lot, no activity on the lake yet.  As soon as I got out the bathroom, at least 6 slalom skiing rigs showed up, so much for a speed run.   I have no idea where to go, kinda wondering how the turnout is going to be.  I know all my work buddies want to see the bassboat out at the races Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/01/05 at 19:40:37
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish should be a good bet. The smallies are hitting great right now and dealing with the skiers, well that is just part of the game anyway.
Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/01/05 at 22:55:46
Quote Print Post  
I read somewhere that during the Air display and possibly the races, they clear all boats out from south of I-90 on the west side of Mercer Island except those who pay  $250 + for a spot on the log boom!!

I can live with Sammamish, but would still rather find a lake with less wave action, since it's just for fun anyways! The Nitro and I can take it, nd we're back big time!!

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/02/05 at 00:57:06
Quote Print Post  
I would go to Long Lake in Kitsap Co........far enough away from the madness!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/02/05 at 22:17:52
Quote Print Post  
Why not Long lake in Thurston County?

Rich

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/02/05 at 22:19:56
Quote Print Post  
Or maybe Black Lake?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/03/05 at 15:16:30
Quote Print Post  
I don't really care where it is but would like to know where we are meeting?  For breakfast?  For launch?

Now that I am bootless and relegated to the backseat I just want to get along.

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/05/05 at 01:49:14
Quote Print Post  
Sorry guys I have been out of town for about a week. I fished Potholes all weekend then turned around Sunday night and drove back to Yakima for a conference.

I heard about the Seafair deal and honestly don't think we want to be out the during this. Sammamish sounds good to me, so I have made the command decision and say Sammamish it is. I wanted to keep it local since we had been driving far for lakes quiet a bit. I will dig up the info on where to meet. It will be the same spot as in the past and is in older posts for Sammy.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #12 - 08/05/05 at 12:29:19
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Here are the directions. Please add the meeting times.

Directions: To Denny’s - 720 GILMAN BLVD., ISSAQUAH, WA 98027   (425) 392-6025
From I-405 take I-90 east to Spokane. Take exit #15 (900 west) to Lake Sammamish park. End of exit take a right.
At next signal (Gilman) turn left Denny's is on the left between 1st and 2nd signals.
To Launch  - Exit 15 on I-90, N on 17th Ave NW.  Right  on NW Sammamish Rd. L on Sammamish Parkway SE, Go .75 mi. Left at "Boat Ramp" sign.

Thanks,
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/05/05 at 14:58:08
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Stu

The topwater bite has been good at most lakes so feel free to get out there early and Get-R-Done. Let me know before hand if you are in the "kitty". I actually might go early and come back to the launch to meet everyone, so I may miss breakfast.

I'll say be at the launch 0630. People meeting for breakfast should get there at 0530.

I hope the word gets out that we have switched. The newletter said Washington. The bite has been good there but I didn't know about Seafair. Logistical error on my part.

I'll be shooting to the Potholes immediately after lunch so I'll be cooking quick and cleaning up quick. Lunch will be simple like burgers or dogs or something.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/05/05 at 17:03:46
Quote Print Post  
Sounds great I can't wait! Grin 8) Anyone know what time the gate opens at Sammamish?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo