Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Is there a fish-in this week or what? (Read 4131 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Is there a fish-in this week or what?
07/07/05 at 15:15:30
Quote Print Post  
Have'nt heard much about the fish-in at Big Lake so whas' up?
whos goin?
any info?
I know it's in the newsletter but...........
whas up?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Is there a fish-in this week or what?
Reply #1 - 07/07/05 at 16:11:08
Quote Print Post  
I will be there AGAIN.  I plan to be at the breakfast, also.

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/07/05 at 18:23:03
Quote Print Post  
For those that maybe didn't get the info, The fish-in is at Big Lake. Big lake is up in Skagit County and is about an 1 1/2 drive from about the lake Washington area. I think the drive is worth it though. This lake last year kicked out a 6 1/2 for me after lunch at last year's fish-in in July. A good friend of mine went out a week after we were there and he and his partner both had 7 lbers, They also had 5lbers and nothing under 3 1/2 he said. I'm hoping there will be a topwater bite for those throwing them over the sparse, shallow weeds. Senkos under the shallow docks produced all the nice fish caught last year so get your skipping skills down.

If this doesn't excite you enough, I don't know what esle will..... Grin

Stu- If you still have the directions handy to paste in there, could you please. If they aren't in here by tonight, I'll stick them in when when I get a chance.

Hope to see a good crowd!

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/07/05 at 18:47:06
Quote Print Post  
Definetly sounds like a good lake.  Anyone know how large the lake is, what time do they start water skiing?  I want to get out on a new lake again, I think I will make it.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #4 - 07/08/05 at 02:25:53
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Here are the directions:

Where:      Big Lake - Skagit County  - Meet at Denny's, at 5:00 - 5:30 am for breakfast.  OR… meet at the launch at 6:30 am.
When:       Saturday, July 9th, 2005  

Directions:  To Denny's, 100 E. COLLEGE WAY, MT. VERNON, WA 98273   -  Ph. 360-424-7500
I-5 N. 64.2 miles (from Seattle); Take the WA-538 E/COLLEGE WAY exit, exit number 227; 0.3 miles, Turn RIGHT onto WA-538. Denny’s is immediately on the right.

To the launch from Denny’s:
Turn RIGHT onto WA-538,  3.5 miles; Turn RIGHT onto WA-9., 2.2 miles. Take a right on West Big Lake Rd. Then you go down almost 2 miles or so and the launch is on the left (the lake side).

(For people coming from the South not going to breakfast) Take the 534 exit east, before reaching Mt. Vernon. Take a left at a stop sign where it meets the 9. Take another left on West Big Lake Rd and go down to the launch on their right hand side (the lake side.)

Stu
« Last Edit: 07/08/05 at 17:36:17 by »  

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/08/05 at 03:56:24
Quote Print Post  
Chris the lake isn't really big but not small either. It is a big oval for the most part. There is a shallower side and a deeper side. Plenty of room for people to spread out. I have never noticed the skiers ever being bad on the lake even in the middle of the summer. You should definitely come.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/08/05 at 05:46:35
Quote Print Post  
Ya I checked Rob, 545 acres.  Some pictures on washingtonlakes.com if anyone wants to check it out.  Looks like a great lake, 6 lber for you too  Smiley.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/08/05 at 14:39:24
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Rob,

Here are the directions:

Where:      Big Lake - Skagit County  - Meet at Denny's, at 5:00 - 5:30 am for breakfast.  OR… meet at the launch at 6:30 am.
When:       Saturday, July 11, 2005  

Stu

I knew that looked weird when I read it yesterday.  Saturday July 9th Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/08/05 at 17:37:02
Quote Print Post  
it's fixed....

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/09/05 at 00:12:58
Quote Print Post  
Just a warning......if you think it will be nice traffic early tommorrow guess again...the Seattle to Portland Bike Ride will be sending riders from 4am and on so look for downtown to be congested as they have 8.000 riders scheduled and with the staff and such..........

see ya there!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/09/05 at 01:27:41
Quote Print Post  
Take the 405 up to the I-5 and cut around all that

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #11 - 07/09/05 at 03:11:00
Quote Print Post  
Whoops!  Looks like the Newsletter had the wrong date.
I hope nobody shows up at the Lake on Monday...

That's my error. Cry

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo