Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Sammamish (Read 4536 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Lake Sammamish
07/23/05 at 21:28:22
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

You need to get out to Lake Sam. Took a client out from 6:30-12. Found out there was an ABA tourney go on at the time. So went up lake a little bit each point had a boat on it so not to be discouraged I went looking for something different. Talked to a few guys and they weren't doing well. Most were fishing in 20-24ft. So my customer and I started on some grass lines and found mostly dinks and perch. Decided to move up lake a little and stumbled on a couple of rock piles in 32-36 ft area with fish on the graph. I turned around and stuck 2 back to back one was a 3.6 the other a 3.4. Moved another 100 yards and stuck a 4.0,3.8, and 3.2 all in 20-30 minutes. By 9 am I had 18 lbs. My customer believe it or not stuck 3-2+lb trout from the same hole.

Boy wish I would have entered the tourney. Well thats fishing. I don't know the lake that well just tried to find the same type of structure that I find in other lakes that I know the fish hold on this time of year.

All caught including the trout on drop shot worms.

See ya out there,
Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sammamish
Reply #1 - 07/23/05 at 22:49:44
Quote Print Post  
was out there as well it was only my 4th time on the lake and ended up with 8 fish and 4 keepers all around 2-3lbs. not the best day, but I am starting to see why people like it so much.  did watch two boats working a small area hookup several times.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/24/05 at 03:23:31
Quote Print Post  
Great job guys! wish I could'a gone out! Tongue

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/24/05 at 04:04:33
Quote Print Post  
My only fish of the day was a 4" largemouth, caught on a 4" popper.  I guess I should have gone to Sammamish. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/24/05 at 04:46:52
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a great day on big Sam.  I was on Washington, 3.8 and a 2.5 lb smallie for me, not many dinks either.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #5 - 07/25/05 at 00:36:24
Quote Print Post  
Friday my friend and I picked up some nice fish. The biggest was a 5-7 Largemouth.

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/25/05 at 13:45:30
Quote Print Post  
Yes you should have entered Russ, as you well surpassed anything anyone else did. Shocked 
I was the weighmaster on both Saturday and Sunday.
Saturdays's winning TEAM weight was 17.6 and Suday it was 16.8.  Both days the teams lauchned at 5:30 and fished till 3.  Quite an accomplishment you and your guest made, given some of the very well known names entered in the "T".  ???

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/26/05 at 02:11:14
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Was there many LM at the weigh in? Just curious.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/26/05 at 13:39:02
Quote Print Post  
There were several each day, but nothing over 2 lbs.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/26/05 at 13:46:44
Quote Print Post  

Becker and Cooper weighed in a 4.4 lm on saturday.
They weighed in right before us.
cs

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/01/05 at 22:41:33
Quote Print Post  
Team Faz is back!!

Well, the Green Machine is back in the water.... we're back up and running.

It turned out to be a relatively simple problem, the jet fell out of the lower Carb so the engine was running on two cylinders only. A quick $300 later and I spent this past Sunday on Sammamish running and gunning.... everything smooth except for the voltage regulator (new one on back order)

The water was mostly mid-70's and beat up by all the wakes (Skiers, jet-skis etc), I looked for rocks in the 30ft range but just too stupid to find them, so I went back to skipping Senkos under docks. Pulled out a bunch of 9-11" fish, mostly Largemouth, imagine my surprise when a dock in 7ft of water gave up a 2.5lb Smallie on a Black-and-blue Senko!!!

Started at 5.45 (gates barely open) and came off the water at 5.00pm burned loads of gas just running up and down at various speeds to make sure the motor was good....everything great except the voltage (will have that done next week).

See you at the fish-in this week-end!!!

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/02/05 at 00:55:46
Quote Print Post  
Fantastic Faz Is Back!!
We missed you buddy!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 08/02/05 at 02:53:41
Quote Print Post  
Yahooooo!!!!   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/02/05 at 03:06:55
Quote Print Post  
Glad to hear that it wasn't anything REALLY costly, with boats is usally the case.  At least it didn't have an impression of a chevy in it!! Roll Eyes looking forward to seeing you back on the water again even if the radio doesn't work....... Shocked

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/05/05 at 03:44:35
Quote Print Post  
B-O-A-T.....

Bring Out Another Thousand

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo