Normal Topic Lake Patterson (Read 1740 times)
jwalzer
Ex Member

Lake Patterson
07/18/05 at 21:22:18
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone know if and when the gate at the WDFW launch closes on the lake.  I am planning on going fishing there after work and don't want to get locked in.

-jw

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Patterson
Reply #1 - 07/19/05 at 14:54:20
Quote Print Post  
Bring bolt cutters....

IP Logged

Got One and a Half Bags
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/19/05 at 16:04:10
Quote Print Post  
I really never seen them lock the gates on the Lacey lakes. But the sign says the ramps are closed at 10 pm.

Daryl

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/19/05 at 22:58:04
Quote Print Post  
Well, hit the lake after work for about 4 hours.  The good thing was I didn't have any problems with the gate.  I don't think they probably close it during the summer at all.  The bad part was I only could get one fish in the boat.  I caught the little (bout 1.5 pounds) largemouth up in about 6 feet of water under some lilly pads.

This lake looks so bass friendly, and all the locals that I talked to seemed to have good things to say.  Does anyone have any advice on good areas of the lake to fish?

-jw

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/26/05 at 03:18:27
Quote Print Post  
Mark caught a 9 lb'r on that lake - he's the expert.  Wink

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I've had decent luck on spinnerbaits in the morning, followed by 3" grubs when the sun comes up.  You'll catch a plethera of dinks this time of year, but the occasional 2-5 lb'r will surprise the snot out of you on occasion!  Shocked

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/06/05 at 16:34:06
Quote Print Post  
I've had some of my best luck at Pattison after dark when the weather's warm out.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo