Normal Topic Lake Sawyer (Read 1312 times)
JohnKTKim
Ex Member

Lake Sawyer
08/03/05 at 18:11:07
Quote Print Post  
Hello club!

i'm headed to camp baracah (sp) for a family retreat this weekend and I am hoping to get away with my son for a few hours saturday morning to lake sawyer.

never fished sawyer before and i could really use some advice, so can anyone give me a few pointers as to what part of the lake to fish, what to throw, etc. ???
oh and i hear that lake as lot of rules and such…

you could send private message or email to johnktkim@gmail.com if you prefer  Smiley

thanks abunch   

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer
Reply #1 - 08/03/05 at 20:10:11
Quote Print Post  
John, if you go in the morning I would make a right at the boatlaunch and go around the point to the next bay......fish a top water popper or buzzbait between the docks and weed clumps and as soon as the sun got up I would start skipping docks with a senko or nail weighted lizard.
Good Luck!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/04/05 at 03:44:48
Quote Print Post  
If you go out early enough a black spinnerbait should boat some fish.  Poppers and jitterbugs should work as well.  As the sun rises, senkos around the docks on the north end is my go to bait as well as swimming a 4" grub on a 3/8 jig head.  The water now is clear and light line and natural colors works the best.  Good luck.

Says

IP Logged

JohnKTKim
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/05/05 at 20:13:18
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry and Says!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo