Normal Topic Potholes July 16- 17 fed qualafier (Read 2254 times)
Weedwalker
Ex Member

Potholes July 16- 17 fed qualafier
07/18/05 at 04:45:09
Quote Print Post  
This weekend was an good one to say the least, the winning sack was 18+ on Sat.  not sure about sun though, didn't stick around for the awards. The Largemouth that were biting were very aggressive and the 11 1/2  smallies were out in force as well.  For the bigger ones you had move out to 25-30ft.  Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes July 16- 17 fed qualafier
Reply #1 - 07/18/05 at 05:16:00
Quote Print Post  
Okay....that was weak........
how did you do?
Who won?
did anyone else from the club do well?

JEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ......
Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/05 at 17:44:32
Quote Print Post  
How was the Perch bite Brian?..............just teasing..

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/18/05 at 20:19:00
Quote Print Post  
Ronn hobbs Jr won on saturday with a whopping 18lb sack then on sunday it took 17+ pounds to win. I weighted in 7.50 pounds the first day with four fish. lost a good smallie in hut on saturday. On Sunday I weighted in 3 fish for 5.45lbs. Got two fish on a dropshot and 1 on a smallie beaver on sunday and got 1 on a jig and the other 3 on sweet beavers saturday. I learned a ton of new water and was taught a lesson on fishing slow. Most of the high finishers caught their fish pitching heavy brush.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/19/05 at 04:50:03
Quote Print Post  
Ok, ok,  On sat. I weighted 11.74 for 5 fish, 2 largemouthand  3 smallies, my big fish was 4.54. 8) for 14th place. the big one came on a jig, the other large on a sinko, then the smallies on a dropshot. I had the privlige of fishing with Clint 'Johanas'? (not sure if I spelled that right...) then the on sunday I was paired with Hobb Jr. On sunday I weighted 3 fish for 6.89,  2 large, 1 smallie.  On sat. we  fished brush that had current going by and dropshotted out to 30 ft. for the bigger smallies.  then on Sunday we fished alot of huts as well as some offshore ridges out in the open.   as far as the perch go, not a bump......I must be losing my touch........... Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo