Normal Topic Riffe Tourney (Read 2654 times)
StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Riffe Tourney
06/27/05 at 04:01:52
Quote Print Post  
How did it go?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Tourney
Reply #1 - 06/27/05 at 04:15:35
Quote Print Post  
I've been wondering all weekend  Tongue

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/27/05 at 06:11:12
Quote Print Post  
I'm not TD, so I'll let Larry give the blow by blow. Let me just say that all those weight predictions were blown out of the water by a few people....winning weight for potholes and riffe are about equal this year. Sorry some of you couldn't make it. It was a very enjoyable experience, with the exception of having to deploy our anchor and drag it along the bottom trying to slow the boat down to a fishable drift since the wind had depleted our batteries. Never give up Bob.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/27/05 at 13:01:28
Quote Print Post  
Big fish was also right there for Potholes.....go figure.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/27/05 at 15:55:08
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Well thats cool. Quite surprised about total weights- not surprised who won it since that is who I guessed from get go. Roosevelt was good. Caught over 60- 12-14" Smallies, biggest was 3+ smallie. My best 5 were probably 11-12lbs total. None on Jerk Baits all on plastics. Jack & Jill should be fun, lake at full pool.
That had to be smallest limit I have ever heard of. Glad I went East. Temps were perfect 80-85 both days and no wind, except for light breeze in some areas.
RB

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/27/05 at 23:54:55
Quote Print Post  
For Danny and Bob...

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/28/05 at 00:29:20
Quote Print Post  
That's awesome Chris...Bob will appreciate that. For those of you that haven't seen Bob go "Ike," it's something I'll never forget.

For those of you that are still wondering what happened at the tourney, I'm sure Bill B. will give us another great write-up, but for the time being, here's what happened. Lyle and Andrea stunned the field on Day One with 12 lbs 2 oz and 10 lbs 2 oz, respectively. In 3rd was Bob Payseno with 8 lbs 1 oz. Rob Maglio was the big fish man once again bringing in a toad smallmouth that weighed 5 lbs 8 oz! Day Two, it appeared to still be anyone's ball game, but Lyle and Andrea would not be denied. They stayed at one and two for the tourney with their son netting fish, and Lyle bringing in over 13 lbs for a 2 day total over 25 lbs....wow! Bob posted a respectable weight on day two but was denied 3rd by Maglio, when Rob mustered up the strength while reclining in his lawn chair to bring in 8 1/2 pounds on day two to take 3rd place honors. Larry did a great job with the tournament, and a special thanks to Shannon Wolsky who coordinated a great BBQ with lots of great stories and a weather-beatened, but sprited group of anglers. Thanks for another great tourney WBC.

Danny

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/28/05 at 22:23:40
Quote Print Post  
Chris-  Thanks for the IKE motivational graphic...it brings back some memories at Riffe with Danny G.    We sure had a lot of fun joking around out there even under some pretty adverse fishing conditions.....can anybody say BIG WIND?  I think it was having a sense of humor under those tough conditions that helped us not get too frustated.

Danny-  You da Man!  My backseat is open for you anytime...."Never give up!"

Congratulations Lyle and Andrea, you both are great ambassadors for our sport.  A spectatular husband/wife team that really know how to put a lumping on the rest of the field!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #8 - 06/29/05 at 13:23:35
Quote Print Post  
I agree Bob,
  I still have bruises showing up from "the BEATING". Grin  Congrats to all that came, saw and kicked TAIL.  It was another great time with great people.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo