Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack & Jill (Read 24979 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Jack & Jill
Reply #75 - 07/28/05 at 20:17:27
Quote Print Post  
I regret to inform you all of a grievous error.....I thought I had sent in the application for tournaments on Roosevelt to the National Parks service last month with some other mail and when i had not heard from them....they had not recieved it......I found this in the T.D. Box at home........Completely my fault and I accept total responsibility.
With that and no availiability of having the event on Roosevelt.........
I talked to Bruce Baker at Dept. of Fish And Wildlife and attained a change of Venue Permit......I know there was no notice but things collapsed guickly.
So........
The Jack and Jill will have to be re-llocated to Banks Lake and the drivers meeting will change to Coullee Playland at 0600......I will still be at the resort from 5-9 pm signing folks up and the closed water rule has been waived due to the error.

Again I am so sorry for this.........Larry.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 07/28/05 at 20:24:14
Quote Print Post  
Well there goes the hard pre-fish time Mike and I put in...... Grin

Larry I know I'm not able to make it, but it is a good fix to what could have been a shot weekend altogether. At least camping and everything stayed the same and Banks is almost a sister lake to Roosevelt from what I could tell. I don't think people will have much to say. You volunteer your time and everyone makes mistakes. Don't sweat it!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #77 - 07/28/05 at 20:36:50
Quote Print Post  
Russ - I think now you can understand why Larry had to be the one to explain the news, not me. Thanks for understanding.

That said, I was hoping I could fend off more additions to this thread, and have a new one created for this news since it is rather important (some people might miss it if it's buried in this thread).  That was my intent for posting.

Oh well.  Best laid plans....

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #78 - 07/28/05 at 22:39:47
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

Understood. I spoke to Larry about it, and tried to come up with a save but oh well. I am going to Roosevelt to pre-fish for the NW Bass tourney instead of fishing Banks. Hooray, would rather fish there as a club, was looking real forward to it, but "S''t happens to the best of us. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 07/28/05 at 23:02:51
Quote Print Post  
i actually like the change.  good work by the way in finding out the error and fixing well done.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 07/29/05 at 02:00:36
Quote Print Post  
Well, it looks like my painting largemouth to look like smallmouth class will pay off earlier than I exspected. Wink  Well, this throws a kink in things, but at least it's on a lake most of us are familiar with...... Undecided

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #81 - 07/29/05 at 03:00:11
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

I'll forgive you if you or others tell me what baits to bring for Banks.  Grin Grin Grin

I bought lizards, etc. for Roosevelt. Do I need cranks, spinnerbaits, etc? Wink

Thanks,
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #82 - 07/29/05 at 03:27:44
Quote Print Post  
Stu...I would bring 176 grubs, green-pumpkin grubs in twin tail,.........silver-black Husky Jerks, but remember we have the Largemouth Restriction!
oh.....Carolina Rigged Green Pumpkin Lizard or Centipede!

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 07/29/05 at 03:42:12
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

Don't worry about what you are going to throw at Banks.

You stay focused on your wardrobe. Forget the white tee's. Their out. I would go with a more eggshell or cream.

Change your sunscreen to a 25spf. Lower elevation means your farther from the sun.

You will however need more water. Your body will definitly need to be hydrated in the low water pools of banks.

I would go with a longer billed hat on banks. The sun will be at a greater angle to the water, resulting in more glare.

These are all small things that many other anglers will not take the time to change up, resulting in longer more fatigued days. You have the upper hand, now run to Walmart and shop. And don't forget your receipts.

Mike

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #84 - 07/29/05 at 04:21:41
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

Now I am really worried. I was all ready for Roosevelt and now I don't know if I'll have time to switch everything in one morning.

Could you bring those nice aqua silk slacks you wore at Sammamish last month? They might be a little small for me, but what the hey - capris are in this summer.

By the way, should I wear light or dark socks with my sandals?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 07/29/05 at 18:35:42
Quote Print Post  
What do you think Mike? I would go with the Black socks at Banks.  Grin

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 07/29/05 at 20:04:34
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

Go naked so you get the Ranger Tan, that way you scare everyone off the lake and you come in with 1 or 2 fish and win it all.
Russ

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #87 - 08/01/05 at 00:12:39
Quote Print Post  
Unfortunate turn of events.
My wife and I would definitely have gone to Banks if we could have planned on it. I think some more couples would also. I think Banks is a good place for a J&J tourney.
Unfortunately the only water we feel comfortable with on Roosevelt is just up from Two Rivers(50 miles above the dam)based on where the club tournament was supposed to be held a couple of years ago prior to the tournament director changing it.
Haven't been back since. Love the water up lake.
Too bad we don't look at holding the tourney up lake. Safer, calmer water, beautiful country and only a million camping spots and double that for fishing spots.
My 2 cents.
Mark

IP Logged

shewhofishes
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 08/01/05 at 03:53:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mark,
Looks like the tournament director position is available for next year, I think you should put your name in the hat.  I think you would be good.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #89 - 08/01/05 at 04:43:08
Quote Print Post  
I run an amateur trap league at the Sumner Sportsmans Assoc in the winter and spring that takes about 100 hours and runs for 12 weeks plus I put on a large banquet at the end. Something like running a bunch of tournaments over a 3 month time frame.
I did run for that position once but it didn't work out. Thanx for the thought.
Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo