Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Rookie of the year Award (Read 5179 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Rookie of the year Award
Reply #15 - 06/07/05 at 05:11:04
Quote Print Post  
With the current rate of return on our FUNDRAISERS I was going to recommend that 1/2 of the tournament entry fee go to the general fund since we are the ones who benefit from the club...(and the new member who is just learning to Bass fish.)
Our yearly Rod Raffle has gone to maybe it's last cycle and we are going to have to look at other options......An Open tournament.... possibly?
But if we cannot get 2000 tickets sold for a rod raffle organizing an open tournament and coordinating sponsors is way out of scope.
Hence directing tournament entry funds to the general fund......again just options and it is OUR CLUB.......all of us.
My 0.2 cents on top of my $1.57

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/10/05 at 04:39:00
Quote Print Post  
I think that the rookie of the year deal would be incouraging for some people.  There is probalby a way to make it work and still have low impact on the TD and the entry fees. I think that if a angler is going to try out for rookie of the year they need to be a new member, say within 2 years. And they must declare that they will be fishing for rookie of the year at their first payed entry into a tournament. Take the top three finishes from that season, like angler of the year, and you got a rookie. I would guess that no more then four guys would try out each year for it. Then when they are signing up they put an * next to their name.

I would be against raising the rates too much. Some of us are paying for two people and other divisions on top of it. If I want to fork out a hundred spot so I can win gas money back for 8th place I will fish another circuit. I like the "all or nothing" of the club now.

Mike

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/10/05 at 05:03:08
Quote Print Post  
I have the same thoughts as you Mike. Keep it all or nothing. It makes me try harder to help with expenses. I just look at it as an excuse to head east and fish some of those lakes.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo