Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Potholes Tourney (Read 5315 times)
Dipsnort
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Tourney
Reply #15 - 05/18/05 at 17:17:43
Quote Print Post  
Love your new handle, Daryl.  I also "got one bag", but I usually call her "honey" or "sweetcakes"  You know, to be more politically correct. Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/18/05 at 21:02:53
Quote Print Post  
Yeah but maybe they aren't as good as you and won't yard them in.......because you are the man. Wink

IP Logged

GOT ONE BAG
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/18/05 at 21:42:05
Quote Print Post  
NO YOUR THE MAN!  ROB

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/19/05 at 15:54:14
Quote Print Post  
Daryl is so right.  There are no "secret" spots on any of the waters we fish, anymore.  Maybe Roosevelt, cause of the sheer size, but Potholes or Banks?  No way.  It is all about being in the right place at the right time.  Perhaps with the increase of electronics, anglers may be able to hone down a productive area, but for all intents and purposes, there are few if any secret holes.

Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/19/05 at 17:28:34
Quote Print Post  
Yeah you are probably right, but there are better ones.. Wink

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 05/19/05 at 23:54:26
Quote Print Post  
You are probably correct, in fact for all the NEW members, there is a hump 300 yards to the north of Goose Island that is currently holding fish. I promised Dave Jarrel that i would not tell, but if you go there and toss swim baits, 6" Rainbow, you should be able to win the event.  Wink

That said, I did see good fish ALL OVER the place, enough for me to eat crow about my feelings of BETTER spots.  Right now, Potholes is the LM pond of choice in the entire state, for numbers and quality.  Come on, there is no PERFECT location or anglers, only PERFECT days!!
kh

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo