Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Potholes Tourney (Read 5312 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Potholes Tourney
05/16/05 at 21:50:14
Quote Print Post  
Well Guys the weather forcast for our tourney days looks great 75-80% and the water levels are extremely high for this time of year. The tourney should be an exciting one with loads of fish to be caught. Spawn should be in full with the full moon coming on.
Good Luck To all, I can't wait to just fish.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Tourney
Reply #1 - 05/16/05 at 22:01:39
Quote Print Post  
Well there has definitely been a spawn already as there were reports of tons of fry being seen this weekend. Lots of fish being caught by all that pre-fished the last few days. It will be a fun tournament and hope the weather is nice. The fish were really aggressive on Saturday when the sun was out. Let's start with the winning weight predictions. I am guessing around 30lbs-ish. I don't think the weights will top the ones we seen at Silver being that the first spawn is done. This is just my instinctive prediction. More limits will be caught however and this will make it fun and challenging for all.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/16/05 at 23:14:45
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget the sunscreen, even if it is a bit cloudy.

Larry and I found fish (and alot of them) just about everywhere we tried.  Saw a lot of Smallmouth beds, but only an occassional Largemouth bed and would usually see a cloud of fry nearby. 

We found numerous fish up to 4 - 4 1/2 pounds, but did not see (or catch) a single fish over that.  When we left we felt confident that we could bring 14+ a day.

The extreme high water was definitely a factor, the usual landmarks were not easily seen, but you could orient yourself after a bit when on your favorite areas.

I feel the winning weight will definitely be over 30lbs, with a bunch of you betwen 25 & 30.  If you are able to snake a couple of toads, then the final weight will be 33 - 35 lbs.

Should be a wonderful tournament for all.

Good Luck
BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 05/17/05 at 03:51:21
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget the bug spray. The mosquitos are on the prowl.

38lbs will win it.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/17/05 at 16:07:18
Quote Print Post  
I will say that just a hair over 30lbs outta do....  Three pound average will win it.

kh

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 05/18/05 at 02:23:49
Quote Print Post  
If I had to guess, you are all over!  My guess, 28 lbs. 2 oz.  Why so specific you ask?  I had a VISION!!!!  Good luck to all! Roll Eyes

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/18/05 at 02:53:58
Quote Print Post  
Ron,
You had better up that weight, since your last guess was way off, I will give you another chance if you want to erase that weight and add a few lbs to it.
RB

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/18/05 at 05:09:55
Quote Print Post  
My uneducated guess, 32lbs 6 oz.

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/18/05 at 12:40:15
Quote Print Post  
hey glenn, don't you think 38 is a little optimistic?
i'll say 37- 10  Grin

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #9 - 05/18/05 at 13:21:46
Quote Print Post  
Russ,
  Sorry to burst your "bubble", but I don't think you were aware of the fact that my guess of 23 lbs for Silver was actually my guess for Sunday only! Grin  With that said,  WHO WAS CLOSER?!!!!!! Grin  Good luck this weekend.  See you there!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/18/05 at 13:31:23
Quote Print Post  
Ron,

No I wasn't aware of that. Great guess and good job on getting it done. Good Luck at the WBC Potholes open. It should be an absolute blast.
Russ

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/18/05 at 15:19:29
Quote Print Post  
Guys

27lbs 6 oz. and I'm not predicting what day I'll catch it. I have the Walker Syndrome. If anyone has a cure please HELP!

Daryl (Got One Bag)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/18/05 at 15:43:21
Quote Print Post  
Maybe this will help.....When you have a 20 lb limit from your "favorite spot," then move and save it for day two..... Grin Or just make sure you have 35 pounds on the day you decide to bring in your one sack...

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/18/05 at 15:46:09
Quote Print Post  
Ouch! Grin That's funny right there I don't care who you are. Cheesy My Guess is 31# 7oz.

Carlos

IP Logged

GOT ONE BAG
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/18/05 at 17:07:17
Quote Print Post  
Rob

That favorite spot usually turns into a community spot. So, saving it really doesn't apply.

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo