Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Carp Bait? (Read 5700 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Carp Bait?
04/29/05 at 18:30:42
Quote Print Post  
Ever wondered what you can use to catch (if you really wanted to) Carp?  Here is a recipe:

2 cups cornmeal
3 tsps. Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. strawberry gelatin
2 cups water
1 tbsp. vanilla

Mix together the dry ingredients, and then add water and Vanilla.  Stir well, until the gelatin is desolved.  Cook over a low to medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is quite stiff.  Form into balls.  Then all you have to do is press a ball of carp bait onto a hook and go fishing.

I don't really know what they taste like but darn it sure looks like they would be fun to catch.  Some of those at Silver are in the double digits.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Carp Bait?
Reply #1 - 04/29/05 at 18:52:19
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

Now I know you are bored when you talk about carp.  WinkHey this is a Bass Club, not  a carp club.
Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/05 at 19:37:39
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Rich,

Now I know you are bored when you talk about carp.  WinkHey this is a Bass Club, not  a carp club.
Russ

Then you haven't heard all of the "carping" that I have.  Look that up in your Funk & Wagnal! Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/29/05 at 19:54:24
Quote Print Post  
I hear that recipe is availiable on any Skeeter bass boat!

he he he he he he he.......

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/29/05 at 20:54:20
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Skeeters can catch all species of fish...Even on two day...OOOOHHHHHH  Shocked

Actually a lady was mowing her yard and throwing the clippings into the water. The card were all over that place sucking ii down.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/29/05 at 21:15:37
Quote Print Post  
Actually I believe that is the recipe that Rob uses for his chili at the fish-ins.  Just add beans and franks.

Rich

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/29/05 at 21:56:48
Quote Print Post  
Rich, you must of been hanging out with your neighbors at the Silver Lake cabin for that one Smiley. Is that recipe for cookies or bait? Tongue

IP Logged

steve_lewis
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/30/05 at 01:52:10
Quote Print Post  
The real way to catch a carp is too hook it and have your wife/lady freind roll up her pant legs and grab the net and go in after it.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/30/05 at 04:26:21
Quote Print Post  
I have seen huge carp in Potholes, but believe it or not I seen a carp in Lake washington that could have easily went 30 lbs.  My legs started shaking so bad I thought it was world record smallie.  Tongue

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #9 - 04/30/05 at 05:12:11
Quote Print Post  
I have a friend who goes over to Moses Lake and shoots carp with a bow and arrow and brings them back to a friend of his from Asia to eat. His wife told me that the record number he and his freinds have brought home in a weekend is 82 carp.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/30/05 at 05:44:13
Quote Print Post  
Alright Stu, it's time to get the freaky, 200 lb, exorcist kid of your profile thingy....She's freakin me out.. Shocked

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/30/05 at 17:59:06
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Alright Stu, it's time to get the freaky, 200 lb, exorcist kid of your profile thingy....She's freakin me out.. Shocked

No kidding!

Wait!  If our choice is the big kid on speed or Napoleon Dynomite pictures, let's stick with the kid!! Grin

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/30/05 at 18:31:58
Quote Print Post  
Happy B-Day STUUUUU !

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo