Normal Topic Spinnerbaits (Read 1966 times)
S._Basser
Ex Member

Spinnerbaits
03/02/05 at 02:54:02
Quote Print Post  
The other day, I was cruising the 'net and found this unusual spinnerbait. It's interesting, at least, and maybe more versatile than most. It looks to me like it might be more trouble in our milfoil, but wanted to ask if anybody has seen them, used them, or if the spinnerbait gurus would volunteer an opinion. It's been awhile since I had a spinnerbait rod, just got one, and thought I'd spring for a new 'bait or six. Now, if the picture just works.....
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Spinnerbaits
Reply #1 - 03/03/05 at 19:01:40
Quote Print Post  
Yeah,
  I was watching a fishing show the other day, and they had the pres. of the company with Charlie Ingram.  They fished these baits all day with some success....  I have the same question about the blade snaps snagging in our moss and milfoil.

Mark

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Spinnerbaits
Reply #2 - 03/04/05 at 05:12:17
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for your reply, Mark. The weed-collecting issue is fairly major, but to me, the main forseeable problem is the links doing a half-twist and lock-up. Don't expect they'd show that being a problem on TeeVee, but I could sure see that happening.  

I'm tempted to bend up some links and make a spinnerbait like this, and see if it works as I expect (fear). In fact, I made a spinnerbait with a single link, much like this, many years ago. It used a Panther Martin blade...incredible vibration, and a great helicopter, if the link pivoted as intended. I'll dig it out and see if I can fix it. But I did come to understand that we don't need a lot of vibration in our clear water.

Meanwhile, another question: Is the 'R-Bend' better than the twisted eye design? I rather prefer the "R-Bend", but I'm a plastics guy.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo