Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Green Slips (Read 6767 times)
Nick
Ex Member

Re: Green Slips
Reply #15 - 04/27/05 at 16:41:40
Quote Print Post  
I could go Roland Martin on all of you. I could say my fish was a 6-7-8-9-10lber. No I've decided I've got to get a scale. I need a lot of things. But a scale is in next order. Along with a weight in bag and a culling system.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/27/05 at 16:44:46
Quote Print Post  
You  have to catch fish to cull Nick.....oooh...hahahah just teasin.

Good points Rich. That's what I was getting at.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/27/05 at 21:39:44
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

Nick allready does guesstimate on all of the above, HaHa Nick Wink Wink. Isn't that what Virgil does on all those Buzzbait fish? Man those legs of Virg's must be scaring them into the boat.

As far as spring scales-lets not go there they totally suck and when I joined the club I was shocked and dismayed that a club like WBC was actually using them.
That equalizer scale is one of the most popular tournament scales out there as well as one of the most reliable ones to use.
RB

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/28/05 at 00:38:54
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
you make a good point. I came into the Silver tournamnet having trouble with the number of fish I was catching. I didn't have a single day of more than three fish. Two of the times I caught three fish I caught about 13lbs between them. Still I started thinking. Three 5lbers is the same as five three pounders. I began thinking again. Theirs more three pounders than five pounders. So when it came tourney time I was more worried about breaking my three fish curse for the year. I broke that curse on saturday though. I was really disappointed in the tournament for one reason. One of my biggest goals this year was to not get a zero for a day in a tournament. I got that my first tourney of the year. The plus side to that though is that I don't have to worry about reaching that goal. I thought all my goals for this year were reasonalbe to reach.  

My goals were:

1) Not get skunked for a day in tourney.
2) finish fifth or higher in one tourney this year.
3) Catch a 5lber or better in tourney.
4) Finish in the top 10 for angler of the year.
The season long and hopefully I can reach the rest of my goals. That's alls I like doing is meeting my goals. We should all set goals for the up coming season. Always remember you have to go past third to finish first. I've always set my goals to high and have had trouble reaching them. So this year I wanted to give my self a good amount of confidence and pride in reaching my goals.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo