Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Potholes (Read 5983 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Potholes
03/14/05 at 17:27:54
Quote Print Post  
Well, it was a weird day on Sunday.  We left Ellensburg about 8am on Sunday morning to bluebird skies and no wind.  Crossed Vantage and the water was a mirror.  Arrived at the lauch to a 60 mph wind and five foot swells and found a couple of anglers really struggling to get their bosts on the trailer.  We helped out, and decided to hang out to see if it would die down.  Waited an hour or so, then headed back home.  Given the conditions that we had when we left, I did not expect any wind, so was very disappointed.  The water is higher than at any time in the past few years for this time of the season.  I guarantee, I will be on the water many times this season.  More to come.

Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes
Reply #1 - 03/14/05 at 22:06:56
Quote Print Post  
I'm surprised you didn't put in at Vantage. Unless the winds were bad on the way back.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/15/05 at 02:26:21
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

I was over on Winchester and the wind picked up on us also. We were out chasing ducks around with my new boat. Did not really plan on getting into weather though.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/27/05 at 21:29:01
Quote Print Post  
I don't think I'd advertise the fact that you were harrassing waterfowl with a watercraft on an "open to the world forum" if I were you.
Mark

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/27/05 at 22:52:52
Quote Print Post  
Redchamp,

I guess I should have read my post before I put it up. In fact the new boat that I was refering to is a scull boat. 16' long and about 18" high. It's a specialty boat that is designed sneak thru the water in a slow and stealthy approach. It is powered by a 8 foot single oar that is slid out a hole in the back of the transom. You have to work the oar in a rotating figure eight motion to propell it. Top speed about 1 mile an hour. I just purchased the boat and need to practice before next duck season. Only 6 1/2 months to go.

Thanks for your input and I appreciate the fact that you are concerned about the waterfowl. I too would hate to see someone hazing them on their journy North. Potholes should still be loaded with them for the coming tourny so everyone please be aware.

Mike
« Last Edit: 03/28/05 at 00:32:12 by »  

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/27/05 at 23:28:40
Quote Print Post  
If I hook one, them keepin' it!  I hear they taste good with walleye.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/03/05 at 02:39:50
Quote Print Post  
Myself and Mr. Bill Brynteson will be going to Potholes the 13th-15th and probable staying at Sportsmens so if ya'll are goin then....see ya there!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/05/05 at 23:51:23
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
Keep an eye out.  I will be there from Wednesday the 11th through the weekend.  Hook-up for lunch in the dunes, etc. 

kh

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/06/05 at 04:55:03
Quote Print Post  
sweet!~

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/07/05 at 07:48:13
Quote Print Post  
I just came back from there.
The water was soooooo high that I rode full plane all the way back to the army corps of engineer d**e from Mardons!
Tons of Largies - I caught a my share on Jig and Pig (black/blue) and a weightless tube.
The trick on the tube was to let it sit on top, then once it started to fill with water and it dropped - out came Mr. (or Mrs.) Lg Mouth. You could see them coming out of the willows - It was a trip.
I did manage to catch quite a few smallies in the Lind Coulee arm on cranks and tubes.

Hope this helps.

If you guys get a chance - head up to Moses Lake for Walleyes!
I limited both days in under 2 hours up on Mchonile Flats using a worm harness and a lindy no-snag weight.
It was like clubbin' baby seals!
TASTY TOO!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/08/05 at 03:11:00
Quote Print Post  
Wow, that sounds awesome Mike! Thanks for the report.

Clubbin' baby seals... lol.

Chris

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/08/05 at 04:12:14
Quote Print Post  
BTW - I forgot to report about Long Lake in Spokane.
It was on fire last week.
The smallies were in shallow and I caught PHAT hens on 5 different lures.
The Lg Mouths were also very aggressive in the shallow bays - Spinnerbait was my lure of choice.
Man, it's good to be in sales.

I am soo excited about the Walleyes, that I am planning a one day trip back over on Weds. to Moses Hole for the Walleye - and I'm bringing my Club!

There'll be plenty of time for Bassin' later.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/10/05 at 02:10:31
Quote Print Post  
What size were the walleye?, Any monsters? "6lb+?"  Roll EyesBrian "The Weedwalker"

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/10/05 at 02:24:39
Quote Print Post  
Just paint over the pink stripe, Brian.  Wink
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/12/05 at 15:49:05
Quote Print Post  
Brian,

No fish over 6 lbs for me.
Mine were all 18 - 22, I did see one fish caught in the 8-10lb range - but that was it.
Nothing like the Pot holes in winter, where every fish is 6 + lbs.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo