Normal Topic June 25th-26th...Riffe Lake, Points #2 Back up Pla (Read 1472 times)
Jfchoate1
Ex Member

June 25th-26th...Riffe Lake, Points #2 Back up Pla
02/12/05 at 01:57:14
Quote Print Post  
Yes I know I have been MIA for a bit but this year both the house and job are in order so I should be around more.

Now here is my concern, we are to 20% snow pack compared to the year Riffe all but dried up. Has anyone discussed the posibility of haveing to fish Riffe from the beach in June?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: June 25th-26th...Riffe Lake, Points #2 Back up
Reply #1 - 02/12/05 at 05:18:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jeff....Welcome back! As for Riffe...I will be watching it closely this year but from what I understand...The Corps of Engineers will be retaining water early this year to compensate and protect the slimer runs down the Cowlitz River system so we should be OK but I will explore the options now as we are waiting for Tadnebaum camp ground to open for applications.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/14/05 at 18:41:51
Quote Print Post  
Jeff

I fished Riffe Lake in July and August and they never lowered the water at all. Matter a fact I think it was 10' higher than normal. Lots of logs on the water.

Daryl

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/15/05 at 03:59:50
Quote Print Post  
Welcome back Jeff, Despite how low they go with the water we should still be able to launch,..... it may be from mossyrock ramp but it that just mean the bass will be more concentrated and be that much easier to catch!! Wink  (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo