Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fish-in lakes (Read 11134 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Fish-in lakes
01/12/05 at 02:38:10
Quote Print Post  
Every new person that takes over this program I'm sure has the same question, but.....I looked through all the old posts looking for Western lakes that members enjoyed or fished. The same ones cycled over and over. Maybe after the winter haunt we just don't care what lake we fish. But here's your chance. Give me the name of that lake that you always wanted to fish but never tried. The one you saw in the Atlas book and wondered if there are bass in there. Let's hear em!!

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Fish-in lakes
Reply #1 - 01/12/05 at 14:43:19
Quote Print Post  
GUNNTERSVILLE!!
Grin Grin

Smitty
  Wink

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/12/05 at 16:10:22
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,  is that just South of Fife???

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/12/05 at 16:44:42
Quote Print Post  
Yeah it is South of Fife....and East. About 2000 miles East as a matter of fact. Smitty in the future when we have "beam me up Scotty" machines, then we can do fish-ins in Alabama. Until then we have to stay local. Sorry bud.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/12/05 at 17:11:07
Quote Print Post  
Hhhmmmm...I always thought that Smitty was one of the most Loco(i think you mispelled that) guys we got...

Rich

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/12/05 at 18:28:33
Quote Print Post  
Lake Cushman. It is supposed to have a good smallmouth population, but I have never had a chance to check it out. It is near Hoodsport, a little long for a fish-in, but maybe someone will get the wild hair to check it out.

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/12/05 at 18:51:31
Quote Print Post  
Well that is another problem. To fish newer lakes we will have to expand our range. This could better or worsen turnout.  Kathleen, Roesiger, Cushman and Flowing lake were all asked about or mentioned in prior posts. I am gonna research these. The Common lakes have been..

Goodwin
Big lake
Spencer
Spanaway
Long Lake (Kitsap)
St. Clair
Pattison
Tapps
Morton

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/12/05 at 19:30:07
Quote Print Post  
I don't see Sawyer on that list.  If we don't already have fish-ins there, I would say we probably ought to.

What about Steel Lake (just North of the Sea Tac Mall)?  I can't vouch for the quality of bass, but I know there are some in there.

Also, I understand that Surprise Lake (in Milton) has bass.  I don't know whether there is public access, but maybe that lake is worth a look?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/12/05 at 21:21:45
Quote Print Post  
I'm pretty sure that Steel Lake does not allow internal combustion engines and Surprise has no pulic access.  Lake Texoma does and it's not nearly as far as Gunntersville Rob. ???  
Now if you're gonna get picky bout my 2nd suggestion, Tongue my 3rd & 4th  would be Riffe and Mason or several of the others near Shelton.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/12/05 at 21:34:25
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Steel Lake does not allow internal combustion engines

Oh yeah, when you row around in a little pontoon boat, you lose sight of that sort of thing.  Never mind.  Wink
« Last Edit: 01/14/05 at 17:53:43 by »  

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/12/05 at 21:41:44
Quote Print Post  
That is the problem with some of the local smaller lakes, the combustion engine problem. Yeah I forgot Sawyer. Stevens is another lake that I hear is better in the Spring. We had a night fish-in there, but I think it was tough fishing if I remember right.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/12/05 at 22:34:16
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Don't forget Angle Lake by Sea-Tac and Tanwax in the spring. Tanwax has some Hawgs in it. Also Harts is also a good one for toads. This lake is rather small- but worth the trip for a 9+ lb fish.
RB

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/12/05 at 23:14:15
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
What Lake Kathleen are you talking about! Hey and don't forget about that awsome largie factory up North. Called Cambell. Has some pigs in it.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #13 - 01/13/05 at 01:18:08
Quote Print Post  
Cambell is an excellent lake, so is Terrel.  Cambell has a huge parking lot too.

Flowing I hear is good (I've only fished it once though).  Nice park and excellent ramps.

I've fished Roesiger before and it's pretty good - but the parking is.... well, it'll hold maybe 7 rigs, then you gotta park along the street.  But then again, when was the last time we had 8 boats at a fish in.  Undecided  It's definitely not a lake to hit during summer -- way too much waterskiiers.  Same goes with Stevens and Goodwin.

Last time we had fish-ins at Cambell and Roesiger is when I was ambassador chairman!

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/13/05 at 04:30:40
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
There are some excellent lakes in Mason County. Lake Nahwatzel  has some Hawgs in it and is not fished very heavily. Mason Lake is another good lake. It is pretty good size too, 1000 acres.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo