Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Citgo Bass Question? (Read 6434 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Citgo Bass Question?
Reply #15 - 12/29/04 at 15:46:58
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Well said. I can appreciate all who have spent time fishing these events and yes to each his own. I personally like and seek the competition. I guess in my last experience I didn't feel back seated because I out fished the guy 2 to 1. But my first day partner did the opposite. I adjusted just couldn't get on any good fish.

I to have been on good guided trips for that kind of dough and they were well worth it. I wouldn't suggest this kind of circuit for all, just for some.

Thanks Smitty for the discussion.
Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/29/04 at 16:16:10
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ,  I would be willing to guide you for half of that.  Your boat of course.  Us guides ain't cheap.....  Just call BR 534....HEEHAW

Rich 8)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/29/04 at 17:34:55
Quote Print Post  
I wouldn't mind the sharing the Pro's fish thing that much, except it still sucks. But the part where you can't say, "Hey, I know this good spot over here" just bothers me. It would be tough concentrating while gritting your teeth wondering where your going next or why you aren't moving and waisting time in a dead spot or something along those lines. You could also get beat by some shmo that draws a good Pro and slays them. You beat him, but his Pro did better than yours and you lose. At least you could have some say on a guided trip you're paying for. This is just the negative side though. On the plus, you could be that shmo who's partner helps win it for you.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12/29/04 at 17:55:24
Quote Print Post  
You guys are all right. I like listening to different opinions on these subjects. Yea you could get some Shmo that sits on a dead spot like I had gotten on my first day and then got a guy on the 2nd day who fished my water and caught fish there. But there is allways that chance of doing well. I guess it is a crack in the dark. Yea I too would rather fish my own water.

I guess the best way is to turn Pro and fish where you want to fish. That will be awhile for me due to the money issues and kid going to college.

Hey Rich-Will you sponsor me????? Ha,Ha Shocked Shocked Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/29/04 at 18:00:03
Quote Print Post  
Easy decision for me anyway....I don't even have the money to pay my way into a backseat, and I would have as much confidence fishing against other backseaters no matter who my Pro was. 7-800 dollars is out of my league at the moment.... Undecided

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 12/29/04 at 18:38:01
Quote Print Post  
Russ, give me $10 worth of that action Grin Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo