Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Nite fish-in (Read 6474 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Nite fish-in
08/02/04 at 16:26:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey, Guys, you too Larry.  Let's be getting some info regarding the nite fish-in at (2 hr. drive) Lake Stevens.

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Nite fish-in
Reply #1 - 08/02/04 at 17:55:04
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/04 at 22:46:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glenn, it will start at 6:30pm (1830hrs) at the ramp...if you go out early just check in with me at 6:30 and we can get folks dispersed...be aware Traffic will be heavy going through Seattle with all the Seafair stuff going on. We will have a Potluck and the winner will recieve a Wonderful Prize but remember it must be a food item visible at night! so if it glows and is edible.....bring it! Brats and pop will be provided and some sort of Lighting is a good idea.
We will have Midnight Snacks at 12:30 am (0030hrs) and will hopefully keep fishing till the sun comes up.
« Last Edit: 08/05/04 at 02:45:11 by »  

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/03/04 at 17:53:06
Quote Print Post  
I've never fished during the night, but I'm thinking that a full or at least mostly full moon would be a huge help in being able to navigate and cast, and may even help the bass locate the bait.  Has anyone researched the moon phase and time of appearance that night yet?  Undecided

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/03/04 at 18:21:50
Quote Print Post  
Well t was a pretty full moon this weekend, so I can't imagine it would be gone in a week. Should provide enough light if there is no cloud cover blocking it.

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/03/04 at 18:51:30
Quote Print Post  
For those interested, I just did a little research and found that the moon will be half illuminated and begin rising at 10:45 pm and be present throughout the night on Saturday night.  That ought to help things out, as long as it's clear, as Rob suggested.  Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/04/04 at 02:32:36
Quote Print Post  
Just an idea for those who have not fished at night very much.......Black buzz baits, spinnerbaits and cranks are always a must as the fish key on mass rather than color.....just an idea for your shopping convenience.

p.s........dull black not the glossy stuff...if you have glossy just take a sandpaper to it......

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/04/04 at 14:05:13
Quote Print Post  
Here is also a link to a site that has the moon phase on it. www.westernbassclub.com  Grin

And it even has the forcast

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/04/04 at 14:17:42
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Jim, you smart alleck.  Grin

Hey look, I finally got the "slimer" picture out and put in a bass picture!  Ok, so the picture's a little large, but they say size doesn't matter, right?  Wink

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/04/04 at 15:36:26
Quote Print Post  
I liked the slimer pic...  Grin

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/04/04 at 15:47:16
Quote Print Post  
What, you don't think I look cute in that undersized lifejacket?  Grin

But back to the fish-in.  I'm thinking about going, because I don't like wasting my time sleeping anyway.  Wink  Is anyone interested in carpooling?  I live in Auburn, know how to find Lake Stevens (my brother lives there), and don't care whether I drive or ride along.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Kiss

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/04/04 at 18:35:18
Quote Print Post  
I will be cruising through from Covington early, like around 3pm or so you are welcome to ride along...I will prob. be staying till sun-up or later. Larry.

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/04/04 at 18:56:24
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the offer, Larry!  Cheesy  Let me verify that I'll be able to attend and if so, I can meet you at your place, since Auburn is not on your way.  I'll let you know by tomorrow morning for sure.  Smiley

P.S. just to clarify, we're talking about Saturday night/Sunday morning, right?  ???

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/05/04 at 02:47:14
Quote Print Post  
Yes on the Sat Nite / Sun Morn....and yes Auburn is on the way as I hate going the Kent Kangley Rd..........Kent P.D. gets bored if you know what I mean!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/05/04 at 02:50:21
Quote Print Post  
For those who might have been confused....JIM!! The "Midnight Snacks" is the brats and Potluck at 12:30 AM ......We will launch at 6:30 pm.............JJJJJJIIIIIIMMMMMM!!!!
The weather is looking good and I expect to see Ya'll there!! Larry.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo