Normal Topic Boat Detailing (Read 1806 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Boat Detailing
07/20/04 at 18:44:33
Quote Print Post  
Does any one know of any place around Tacoma-Seattle area that does boat detailing?

I need the hull, especially the bottom, buffed and some other cosmetic effects.  I am not sure just how in depth they would go but I can talk to them about that if I can find them Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: Boat Detailing
Reply #1 - 07/21/04 at 09:54:15
Quote Print Post  
I would think some of your car detailers would detail a boat of your size. I am not sure though

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/21/04 at 14:03:53
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

Jim is correct. Look in the phone book yellow pages and it will tell you wether the detailer does boats or not. Be prepared to pay. They charge you by the foot. They do have a price for doing the outside of the boat only. If the boat is other than white they charge extra also.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/21/04 at 14:44:55
Quote Print Post  
Doggone it Daryl, I might not have enough to get it done.  What are you doing next weekend? HAHA

Also I wish you would get a different picture.  Every time I see your picture here it looks like you are miffed and flippin' us off. LOL

I will look at car detailers.  Thanks all.

Rich

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 07/22/04 at 15:19:04
Quote Print Post  
Rich.
I have done alot of detail work over the years. My old Ranger looked 200% better aafter I spent 4 hrs detailing the Gelcoat. How bad is the bottom of your boat? Does it have heavy sctatched in the bottom where the gelcoat needs repair? Is the clear off the flake where it is rough? Let me know and I may be able to help you out.
John Holland

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/22/04 at 16:01:46
Quote Print Post  
John, yes it does have some scratches in the bottom.  A little deeper then just buffing, etc. will take care of.  I found a place here in Tacoma that does this type of work so I will take it in next week and see what they say.

Since I just got the boat a few weeks ago I am trying to get everything straight so that I start out "fresh".  But since it is a 1989 it has seen some use.  Most of the things are just cosmetic.  I am also taking it to Auburn Sports for a tune-up and overall check-up.

So far haven't found anything really wrong so got a heck of a deal.  And the wife is happy.  She can "nap" on the back deck while I fish.  HAHA Roll Eyes Grin

But may give you a call after I see what they can do with it.  Thanks for the offer.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo