Normal Topic Where to stay in/near Mt. Vernon? (Read 1953 times)
StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Where to stay in/near Mt. Vernon?
07/07/04 at 03:44:30
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

I'd like to go to the Fish-In at Big Lake this Saturday, but since I live in Puyallup, I need to find a place to sleep that is near Mt. Vernon. I love to fish, but beginning the drive before 2 AM to make breakfast would put me on the floor of the boat snoozin'.

I found a rate of $40 for a Motel 6 in Mt. Vernon. Does anyone know of a better place/deal? I could sleep in my minivan (Yes, I have a minivan. I'm not ashamed) if I can find a campground or another safe place near there and for cheap.

Also, I can only fish until about 1 PM, then I have to head back south for a birthday party. Do most folks stay at the fish-in until evening?

Thanks!
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Re: Where to stay in/near Mt. Vernon?
Reply #1 - 07/07/04 at 05:02:11
Quote Print Post  
stu  id go with the six  as for 2am  why go to bed? If you want other hotels check Burlington about five minutes north of mt vernon my sister lives up there and its all good   From puyallup (say fairgrounds) you should be able to drive up in 1hr 30min easy i wouldnt count on
that same time return   you dont have to do breakfast
and yes not everyone stays all day
i spent all day cleaning my boat  and i might not want
to even get it wet Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/07/04 at 13:43:38
Quote Print Post  
There is a motel off of the Smokey Point exit 206. head East off the exit and its just to the left. I have stayed there twice when not wanting to make an early drive to Goodwin. I don't remember the exact price, but it had to reasonable for me to stay. There is a campground at Goodwin, but it usually fills up quick. The drive from that area to Mt. Vernon is short.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #3 - 07/09/04 at 03:07:03
Quote Print Post  
Well, I think I have the solution. I called Wal-Mart in Mount Vernon and the store manager said I can park my minivan out with the campers that they let stay in their parking lot for free. So I guess I'm camping at Wal-Mart!  I guess I can pick up a few supplies before I turn in...   Cheesy

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo