Normal Topic newbie...need help from experts (Read 1858 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

newbie...need help from experts
07/06/04 at 01:19:47
Quote Print Post  
Just want to say hi to all you bass fishermen out there.  This is my first post and I'll like to introduce myself.  My name is Says (rhymes with ace).  I've been fishing my whole life primarly my first 8 years and within the last two years.  I grew up in the Tri-cities and that's all we did was fish, mostly still fishing for whatever that bites using only bait.  Within these last two years, I've been doing a lot of fishing; as much as I can at least if I can get out of work.  I fish for whatever depending on the season, but my passion is bass.  Maybe from all those fishing shows.  Don't get me wrong, salmon is fun in the rivers, but it's almost a guarantee that you'll hook into something especially if you find a hole that they stack in and the snagging that goes on is terrible to the sport.  Oh yeah, standing shoulder to shoulder with someone isn't fun either.  I'm a member of another local site and most of them are trolling for the kings right now, but spending most of the time sitting and waiting, driving the boat around isn't very exciting to me.  I like the hunt of bass fishing, even though I'm new to it and is very inexperience.  It's more of a challenge.

That's why I'm calling for help.  I have all the gear now (at least for now).  Even bought a brand new boat.  Now I just need to get some guidance and land some lunkers.  I need help from the pros.  My best result came this year bank fishing at the Yakima River where I landed 3 3-4lb smallmouths with the senko in about an hour before the winds kicked in.  Other than that, took the new boat out twice recently and landed 1 small largemouth at Lake Sawyer.  Any help would be appreciatted.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: newbie...need help from experts
Reply #1 - 07/06/04 at 03:14:19
Quote Print Post  
Hey Says,

Welcome! Way to make the trek over from gamefishin'  Grin

The people on this site are happy to help answer any of your bass fishing questions. To really soak in some of the knowledge of the club vets, check out a meeting sometime. It's a low pressure atmosphere. All of the club information can be found from the home page.

I congratulate you on catching ANYTHING from Lake Sawyer!!! It's a great lake with some big fish, but sometimes it is hard to get them to cooperate at all. We have a couple of guys on the site here that fish Sawyer all the time.

Best fishes,
Chris

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/08/04 at 20:29:06
Quote Print Post  
How did you know that I'm a member of gamefishin?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/08/04 at 20:44:40
Quote Print Post  
Because I bet you he doubts that someone else uses "Y2SAYS" in another forum.

We isn't juss dumm bass fisherman.....

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/09/04 at 03:12:49
Quote Print Post  
I visit there... and am also named "Sarge" on the gamefishin' forum  Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo