Normal Topic Kapowsin Lk Launch (Read 1611 times)
REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Kapowsin Lk Launch
06/25/04 at 06:05:28
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys, just thought I'd let ya know that the contractor the WDFW hired to do the Kapowsin Lk launch dropped the ball for whatever reason this spring and it was to late to do the paperwork required to hire another for this year so the whole thing's put off again till next year.
As some of you know, I've been involved with this for about 7 years now but would love some help on the letter writting/emailing front. Address everything to the director of the WDFW.
RC

IP Logged

Harley
Ex Member

Re: Kapowsin Lk Launch
Reply #1 - 06/25/04 at 14:26:32
Quote Print Post  
Hey since I love to tangle with the BIG BASS that the lake has to offer, I'm in.  Mark let me know who to send it too, address or web site and all. Yea I have talked with them in the past on that lake and i guess it has beeen about 7 years .  Last I heard the state was going to make it a big bass lake with a once in a life time keeper fish over 8lbs I don't know if that has changed any or not.  All 4 it ohh, low oxygen levels in lake, slow growing fish, some bio. guy said once.  Stay in touch.
Harley Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

ryoki
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/30/04 at 17:24:50
Quote Print Post  
Question: Was the name of the contractor public knowledge? I am wondering if they were contacted, would they disclose why they stopped.
I just can't help but have a gut feeling that the powers that be do not want this launch built. Some group, or individuals, or maybe local government is dragging this out. Maybe the contractor quit because he saw the money would not be there in the end, or the design could not be agreed upon? Do you have more info on that, or who knows it?

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/01/04 at 03:49:18
Quote Print Post  
The WDFW purchased the land. I testified along with Jeff Skrilletz of the WDFW before the Tacoma city council on extending their lease of a tiny parcel which is incorporated in this launch. Upon hearing our speeches, they unanimously extended the lease for 30 more years. This has been in the works for quite some time now. The WDFW was asked to utilize outside contractors as much as possibe so this was put out for bids. A contractor was selected and my guess is that he picked up some more and possibly less complicated work so he let this one slide. If you've ever run any work for the state, there are definitely hassles involved.
Fact/Opinion,
RC

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo