Normal Topic Post spawn Large mouth (Read 2071 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Post spawn Large mouth
06/09/04 at 12:00:53
Quote Print Post  
How and where do you fish for Post spawn lg mouth?
and how soon after spawn are the do they become active?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Post spawn Large mouth
Reply #1 - 06/09/04 at 20:10:25
Quote Print Post  
Well the theory is....They head to deeper water to recover. Dropoffs and points are supposed to be good. If there is a creek channel close to the spawning area, they can go there. I am not sure how long before they get active, but I would think they are catchable anytime. Reaction bites have been working on the smallmouth for me. Without the textbook points and dropoffs, they might hold tight to cover in shallow water away from their spawning area. I heard deep tapering banks with docks from spawning areas are good. they don't have far to go after spawning to get deeper.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Re: Post spawn Large mouth
Reply #2 - 06/17/04 at 17:41:43
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jim i read to try and find the little channels that lead to the summer spots from the spawning areas. They like to sit in the weed edges along the channels or they even stay at any structure along the channels. They handg there for a few days then go to their summer holes. but it did say that they like that theory better in larger lakes.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo