Normal Topic lake whatcom (Read 1412 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

lake whatcom
06/06/04 at 23:27:46
Quote Print Post  
TongueOk I'm new to this website, but finally registered. Me and my dad fished the aba tournament at whatcom this weekend. on saturday, the weather sucked, we caught 16, but no big ones. we weighed in 13.80 lbs, and a big fish of 2.92. we went out after the tourny was over that day, and i caught three more. we only caught one fish saturday sight fishing. did i mention the weather sucked. we caught our fish primarily working spawning flats, but docks as well. we caught them mostly all drop shotting, but i did catch one of our keepers on a crank, and another on a split shot senko. today we didnt get bit until 8am, and again the weather sucked, but not as bad. we caught about 9 fish for the day. we weighed in 10.89 lbs, and didnt weigh a big fish. we had to weigh in two smaller bucks which hurt us, and put us out of the money. the only weigh we could get bit today was sight fishing, and of course that only was the case when we could actually see, which was very seldom. today we caught our fish on brush hawgs, senkos, and drop shots. our total weight was 24.69lbs which gave us a disapointing 8th, one out of the money. we were one 3lb fish out of the top five. the winning weight was around 30lbs. forest graham and jess bass of course won it, and no we didnt beet out hobbs and marcantonio either, they finished 6th, about one pound ahead of us. the winning teams pattern was sight fishing with a lot of patiance. the big fish of the tourny was a 4.91 smallie, fallowed by a 4.14, after that nothing over 3.5 that i herd of. this second wave of spawning fish are definantly a lot smaller in quality. also if anyone wants to look at the big bass blast results, they are on the fishing and hunting news website.
c&r chad

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: lake whatcom
Reply #1 - 06/07/04 at 01:16:45
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report, Chad  Grin Welcome to the website.

I miss Lake Whatcom. I haven't been up there for about three years. Guess I'll have to get up there for a trip soon!

Chris

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/11/04 at 08:14:04
Quote Print Post  
Is it true ?

I heard some talk about the ban of motors on whatcom?

anyone heard that to?

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/13/04 at 18:31:51
Quote Print Post  
I herd the same thing in regards to the ban of motors. I guess the city of Bellingham relies on lake whatcom for its drinking water. it sure would make a lot of people mad, but at least the good fishing is mostly around the boat launch anyways, so getting there with an electric wouldn't be bad.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo