Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another one bites the dust... (Read 4942 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Another one bites the dust...
06/06/04 at 16:03:50
Quote Print Post  
Well it is happening....went to look at the Sawyer Launch to see who was fishin this morning as I walked my dogs and what did I see........

ANOTHER D$%^ PAY BOX!!!
As we all had assumed that when the City Of Black Diamond took over the area of the lake in annexation a couple of years ago it would be just a matter of time but it is there and we will see when it is up and running what they will charge and if they will have a yearly pass or .........grrrrr.....too mad to talk!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Another one bites the dust...
Reply #1 - 06/06/04 at 17:31:53
Quote Print Post  
I find it interesting every year we PAY for fishing licenses, PAY for boat licenses, PAY for trailor tabs, all supposedly to help PAY for boat ramps and improvements, but yet we still have to PAY for their daily use as well.

We should have very well-maintained boat launches with snack bars, spas and manicured lawns by now!   Shocked

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/07/04 at 01:12:39
Quote Print Post  
OUCH. That one hurts.

Sigh.   Sad

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/07/04 at 17:04:57
Quote Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, what is the fee to launch?  Also, I wonder if launching a craft such as my 9' pontoon boat (no motor) would require the payment of a launch fee.  I transport it in the back of my truck and carry it to the water.  Anybody know?  Undecided

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/07/04 at 22:25:00
Quote Print Post  
They hav'nt posted a fee as yet and I would think it you are just parking there might not be a fee but trailers might get it....we will see shortly!

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/08/04 at 04:05:55
Quote Print Post  
I think you'll find that you'll be expected to pay. That's why Coulon has "Car Topper" parking spots. There are lakes that have non-boat launch access through a park. Pine, Beaver, 5-Mile, and (I think) North Lake. But I would not be surprised if they start charging to use the park. I look at it like it's a waterfront parking lot, more than a launch. High rent district. At least the DF&W launches are still free, as long as you have the sticker on your window.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/08/04 at 16:25:53
Quote Print Post  
First off Dipsnort, what's with the picture??? Nice catch and all, but come on, we are a bass club. You need to work on that. Just flipping you crap. I would think if you use the ramp area to launch anything, then you might be required to pay. Ethics would be a part of it. If you are blocking a trailered boat from launching while you get your rig in the water, shouldn't you pay?

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/09/04 at 01:21:16
Quote Print Post  
I would be willing to bet that it will be a park/launch fee. Much like the state parks. So if you have a vehicle in the parking lot you need a ticket stub. That is only fare to me. It is not fare if they only charge guys launching boats. It is not our dogs that crap in the grass. Or our trash that litters the benches.  If it's more then five bucks then forget it.

My .02

Mike

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/09/04 at 16:24:28
Quote Print Post  
Aw, come on, Rob.  I'm looking for opportunities to snap a picture of a big bass one day and then I'll replace the picture.  I suppose I could "photoshop" about a 20 lb. largemouth to replace that coho.  Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/09/04 at 20:03:05
Quote Print Post  
Well do what you got to do.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/11/04 at 03:21:02
Quote Print Post  
Well, it is official.........Black Diamond in their infinite wisdom jumped right to $5.00 daily parking...that is parking or launching or any activity......I went to walk my dogs and did'nt even stop........

Good Bye Mortimer.....I will never have the chance to catch you.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #11 - 06/11/04 at 13:27:44
Quote Print Post  
And that $5 pays for.....?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/11/04 at 14:09:34
Quote Print Post  
I actually broke down and paid the fee on Wednesday. I'm so ashamed. I only caught 2 dinks too.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/11/04 at 14:58:33
Quote Print Post  
Sawyer is a great close by fishery for me but if I am to pay $5.00 I will do it at Lake Wash or Sammamish and leave that hole to the waterskiers!

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/11/04 at 16:58:45
Quote Print Post  
No doubt,  thats typical washington bull.   Pull a steel plate out of the water, put it back in and charge $5.00 a car or truck for eternity!  It cost them what a couple thousand bucks (maybe) at there rates ! Angry 

And i am curious what that money goes toward!

Cry Cry   MORTIMER LIVES ON TO BE CAUGHT ONLY IN YOUR DREAMS LARRY!   Cry Cry

!!!!!! A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE !!!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo