Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bass vs. Walleye (Read 4947 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Bass vs. Walleye
Reply #15 - 06/07/04 at 20:42:49
Quote Print Post  
ShockedI hear Larry is still single!...and looking! you can call him at 1-900-please please please, first 15 min. are free. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/08/04 at 16:20:44
Quote Print Post  
I think Walleye probably thrive more in areas where they are usually caught...like the northern states. But we do have bass up here also, but I dont think they thrive as much. Down south, many don't think twice about keeping some bass. They are everywhere in large numbers. If lakes were stocked with bass like they are with trout, we probably wouldn't make it such a big deal. Who thinks twice about eating trout???

I think most of us look at it like this....These bass can be hard enough to catch, why kill the ones we do? Plus catfish is good enough for me to eat.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/08/04 at 19:54:17
Quote Print Post  
I do some of my best catchin at Lake Albertsons Grin

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/09/04 at 05:14:14
Quote Print Post  
I believe that we're all partial to the fish we target, so we tend to be more protective towards that fish.
I for one agree with the Rev, we have all tasted bass and it was tasty. We, WBC members, surely don't make a habit of it. We are defintely protective of our chosen prey and I think it would really hurt to know just how many of our beloved bass are taking daily, weekly and annually from the waters we fish.

I travel from corner to corner of our state for work, often times with boat in tow, at it amazes me to see all the bait fisherman with stringers and buckets full of our bass. Most times these people do not abide by the rules. It pains me to see the larger fish in their creel, for I see good genetics about to be fried. At this point, I feel its in my best interest to put in 2 cents (typical salesman) about whats legal and whats not. I guess I feel like I can possibly educate or atleast scare one angler into looking at the Regs.

I just hope they follow the Singson's house rules - If you kill it you eat it! And I have eaten a lot of walleye in the last 4 years, all from fishing for bass.

So Chuck, what category do I fall in now -
A bass fisherman who continually changes lures, catches Walleyes on accident and who enjoys eating the lazy fish he catches?
UMMMMM Walleye - TASTY!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents!
BTW - 2 weeks ago I saw 2 guys on LWa with 6 smallies - on a stringer- who were fishing nightcrawlers. Unfortunately, when we see it, it hurts. I would prefer not to know!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo