Normal Topic Hello all, new guy here (Read 3054 times)
Dipsnort
Ex Member

Hello all, new guy here
05/26/04 at 17:54:58
Quote Print Post  
Hi there!  I think my fairly new acquaintance, SBasser, has taken pity on me and pointed me to the club and the forum to improve my bass fishing abilities.  I've been lurking around here for a few days to see what you people are all about, and you seem like a pretty tight group.  Wink

As for me, I employ a number of tactics for a number of different fish species, and have most recently made several trips to B.C. for trout and salmon fishing, mostly with fly gear.  I have also recently discovered the pleasures of catching tons of small panfish on the fly at local lakes.

I've been trying to break into the mainstream of bass fishing for the past few years, and have been acquiring gear and using it, but my success is usually somewhere between so-so and being skunked.  Roll Eyes  I do exceptionally well when I'm in the right place at the right time and smallmouth bass are taking jerkbaits like nobody's business.  This has happened to me once.  Grin

So anyway, I hope to learn all kinds of good things and be able to translate what I learn into action.  And hopefully, one of these days, I'll get a chance to go fishing with someone who actually knows how to catch these devils we call bass, so I can be like a little kid and ask lots of questions.  Grin

My big bass of all-time are 17" smallmouth (3 of them - all in the same day), and 12" largemouth (I know they can get bigger than that!).

Dave (from Auburn)

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Hello all, new guy here
Reply #1 - 05/26/04 at 19:24:26
Quote Print Post  
First of all you need to explain   "dipsnort"  Personally I like the handle.  My guess is that you chew and do coke???  Please tell my I'm wrong...I can take it!!
   Well so far your doing the right thing and becoming like a child and asking questions, that will be the fastest way to the fast track.
   Keep asking, keep reading the website, and dip your snort bait often.  Cheesy Undecided

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/26/04 at 19:57:02
Quote Print Post  
DipSnort, welcome to the "Dark" side, especially dark iffin' you listen to Virgil.(ducking).

Anyway what you need to do is come on down to the monthly meeting, get introduced to the members and then you can get some answers to your questions.

One of the neat things about the club is the "AmBassador" program.  Jim Shaffer will line you up with one of the members that will show you the ropes, take you out fishing and try, we tried with Virgil but to no avail, by the way "Congratulaions" on the Columbia win Virgil,to show you some of the techniques we use.

As you will see the members are always willing to help with information and knowledge about Bass fishing.  And, thanks to Bob Payseno, we have some really good guest speakers at the meetings with some good info about areas and what to use.

So come on down and meet the gang.

Rich

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/26/04 at 20:23:22
Quote Print Post  
Well, Virgil, everyone seems to think my handle is related to those sorts of activities, but it's simply not true.  "Dipsnort" is what I call people when I don't call them "Bubba".  Grin  It's a good-natured term of endearment.  Wink

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm going to try my darndest to come to the next meeting, although I may be making another B.C. trip that will prevent me from attending the meeting in June.  Nevertheless, I hope to come out and join in on the fun very soon!  Smiley

Since my most formadable boat is a 9' single-seat pontoon boat, I may even have to try to get in on this "back seater" business I keep hearing about.  Grin

By the way, my bass fishing lakes are usually Sawyer, Washington, Steele, Bonney, and Tapps.  Hearing about big fish being caught on some of these waters makes me hold out hope, 'cause I know there are a few out there!  Smiley

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/27/04 at 16:47:10
Quote Print Post  
Shocked Holy cow, how to I make my picture smaller?!?  Shocked

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/27/04 at 17:21:24
Quote Print Post  
If you can figure out how to make your picture smaller try and make that guppy bigger Cheesy Yah being in the back seat of someones boat is a great way to learn...infact I just won the Columbia tourney from the back seat...although my boater let me fist some of the water in front of him...thanks Mark.
  Dipsnort...I like it!!  So if we don't feel like calling you Dipsnort we can call ya Bubba???

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/27/04 at 18:03:41
Quote Print Post  
Dipsnort, Bubba, Dingleberries - hey it's all the same to me, as long as you don't call me late for dinner.  Grin

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

C&RRe: Hello all, new guy here
Reply #7 - 05/31/04 at 22:47:37
Quote Print Post  
Dave, I don't know how you posted your picture, but figure you emailed it to Glenn. If so, send him a cropped, compressed and resized version. I'll email it to you.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 06/01/04 at 02:26:46
Quote Print Post  
Hello Dave.
John Holland from Bonney Lake, I fish Lake Tapps alot, Will have to hook up some weekend AM and go fishing.
Welcome aboard.
John(Champ206)

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/01/04 at 17:44:58
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the picture fix-up, Steve!  My computer skills being about as good as my bass fishing skills, I've totally screwed it up when I tried to make the change myself, and now I have no picture at all.  Ok, I guess I'd better e-mail it to resident expert Glenn then!  Wink

Hey John, would love to go fishing on Tapps with you one of these days.  I've found what looks to be fantastic bass water over by Tapps Island, but attempting to get there from a PUBLIC access point with a man-powered pontoon boat might take me a couple of days or so.  Maybe renting a Mercedes with a bumper sticker that says "I'm rich and very important, don't bother me" would get me past the guard gate so I can use their local launch.  Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo