Normal Topic What is your favorite color of plastic bait? (Read 2419 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

What is your favorite color of plastic bait?
03/27/04 at 20:50:46
Quote Print Post  
Grin Cheesy
What is your favorite color of plastic worm, tube,etc. and why?
Russ

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: What is your favorite color of plastic bait?
Reply #1 - 03/28/04 at 01:00:08
Quote Print Post  
Short answer: Green Pumpkin with black flake.  The long answer is: Depends on whether you're fishing it on the bottom, swimming it up off the bottom, or expecting the hit on the fall. Exact color is not a huge issue, color density is.  There are some colors I just don't use, 'cause I've never had any good results with them. One I've never had good results on is one of your  favorite colors, Russ. Confidence in a color is crucial.
C&R, Steve
« Last Edit: 03/29/04 at 05:30:07 by »  

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/28/04 at 04:26:55
Quote Print Post  

I think a lot of as you would agree and as Steve said, has to do with what you have used and had success with. And since I havent had any success, I just have an opinion. Any way, as far a tube goes I like Watermelon Copper and Pepper flake. I think the copper gives it a little flash. As far as Worms or grubs go, I like more of a natural color, night crawler type colors, 176 in Yamamoto and Summer NIght Crawler Brown in Kalins.
Just what I have done the best with.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/29/04 at 04:47:16
Quote Print Post  
I like Smoke and Pepper flake, looks rather neutral in the water and takes on a silvery tint, I guess much like sticklebacks and other little baitfish.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/04 at 16:57:45
Quote Print Post  
I think color is more of an issue in clear water for obvious reasons. When I fish at night or really dirty water like some ponds I fished in California, then black was the best or at least something dark. In clear water, I feel the match the hatch theory works well. Since we don't have threadfin or gizzard shad like most thriving bass water, I've come to like perch colored baits, especially cranks and jerks.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/17/04 at 04:10:51
Quote Print Post  
HEY I HAVE SOMETHING TO ASK ABOUT THE COLOR OF A BAIT? wHEN IS TIME TO USE A NATURAL COLOR OVER A NON-NATURAL COLOR AND VISE VERSA.

Nick

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/17/04 at 13:22:12
Quote Print Post  
I would say you have to look at water clarity....the clearer the water the more natural you get...if it gets murkey you add or change to brighter colors.
Hope it helps! Grin

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/17/04 at 17:46:18
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Larry thats what i thought just making sure though.

Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo