Normal Topic Lake WAWA - March 13 (Read 2012 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Lake WAWA - March 13
03/14/04 at 03:08:00
Quote Print Post  
Hi all,

I am happy to report that signs of Spring are showing on Lake Washington! I have a similar report to our venerable president's past report...

I went out with some friends from Idaho today that had never fished Lake Washington and gave them a sort of "Grand Tour". As grand as I could make it, at least  Grin

We only had two fish between the three of us, but one was on a crankbait in 8 feet of water (3 lb. smallie - Newport Shores) and one on a jerkbait at a similar depth (Keeper smallie - Union Bay). Pretty slow action, but shallow fishing makes me feel good!

To top off the day, after my buddies took off for Idaho, I went to visit Bob Payseno at his little private slice of heaven, Lake Kathleen. He was gracious enough to let me jump in his boat for an hour in the evening. On about my third cast I caught a 5 lb. largemouth on a brushhog in 4 feet of water. That's my first fish of the year, and yeah, I was pumped. Bring on Silver Lake!

It feels good to have spring around the corner  Grin

Chris

P.S. No Northern Pikeminnow were harmed in the making of this report.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Lake WAWA - March 13
Reply #1 - 03/14/04 at 07:08:56
Quote Print Post  
There should have been!
   For some reason, when I put my post up about my 6.2 everybody thought I was talkin about lk. Meridian.
   I went out on Meridian today, it looked like a fish-in out there , and as I usually report I don't think any body caught anything...Fishing really sucks Unless you happen to get one.

There should have been some squawfish harmed in the making of this report!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/04 at 16:20:43
Quote Print Post  
Virgil,

Your post had nothin to do about me being out there. Meridian is close to my house and only had time to get out for about three hours. Only had two bites on a Senko and a drop shot worm. I was happy to get those.
And picked up a little viatmin D as well.

What a slimer fest though. Virgil/Mike I got a kick out of those guys keeping 6-8 " Trout. Don't we use those for bait down in California.

Boy I hated to see those knuckle heads fish from that lake Meridian ramp. When are people ever going to get it. I almost ran a guy over at the ramp.

One of These Days People are Going to get a clue.
Russ

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/14/04 at 22:08:57
Quote Print Post  
Here here!

IP Logged

FlyinFish77
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/15/04 at 06:29:27
Quote Print Post  
yup the fish you guys catch in WA, we use as bait down here in CA! haha...

(sorry guys, couldnt resist)

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/16/04 at 16:43:02
Quote Print Post  
Here he goes again...on the count of 3 guys lets get em!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo