Normal Topic LAKE WAAAAAAAA (Read 2818 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

LAKE WAAAAAAAA
02/08/04 at 20:18:34
Quote Print Post  
Hey everyone,
  Spent Thursday on Washington.  Was suppose to meet up with Backlash, but somehow, he got caught up with work and traffic and we missed each other by 15 minutes.  Sorry Jim, maybe next time.  You all missed a great day on the lake.  2 slimers and 5 smallies.... All on rev rigs, with my modification to it.  I have been having alot of success with the Jointed Shad Rap's.... Doesn't matter which color.  Perch, Crawdad, and Shiner have all produced well for me.....  Explored some new water and hit some usually suspects.  On one hump I pulled 3 fish off it in 10 minutes..   Let it rest for an hour and went back and fished it with drop shot and carolina rig with NO bites.   Say what you want about trolling Shocked  ???   It just flat out produces other methods this time of the year.  Will be back out this Thursday with Bill B.

Mark

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: LAKE WAAAAAAAA
Reply #1 - 02/08/04 at 23:26:12
Quote Print Post  
Sure,  I go with you and BAM only you catch ONE.  Now you go out and suddenly catch 8-10.  What's up with that.  LOL

Rich

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/08/04 at 23:37:58
Quote Print Post  
That's the amazing thing about the 3-way rig... you can use any of your favorite shallow water lures.  I've been using a much larger topwater shad lately because the water is so mucky and I figured the larger body would flash more color than the thinner Rapala.  I have no idea if my theory works or not - all I know is that it catches fish!  Go figure! 

I actually use the 3-way with plastics (grubs - 4"worms, etc..) and in the summer I put out two leaders - one about 2 feet higher than the other.  Strange as it seems - some days they all come on the top lure, somedays they all come on the bottom lure.  Explain that! 

The rig is limited only by your imagination!  Keep it up and what ever you learn... you better share!  Grin

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/09/04 at 05:51:34
Quote Print Post  
Damn Damn Damn!!!!!!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/09/04 at 06:06:30
Quote Print Post  
Jim you can say darn on this site...it's ok Kiss

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/23/04 at 16:05:02
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington on Monday,  and didn't see anyone else out there!!!!  What's up guys, beautiful day Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
  Tried some new area's and hit a 4lb 7oz smallie first thing on a rev rig in 32 feet....  Darn thing just crushed the lure and nearly ripped the rod out of my hands.  Got a trout 15 min later.   And then it went dead.....  Went into Newport shores and found 53 to 55 degree water and NO takers and no fish seen......  Tried some shallow water near places that I had caught some in the winter, with nothing seen either......

Mark

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/04 at 17:57:36
Quote Print Post  
You sound surprised mark? you catch a trout, and it goes dead! Thats why we put them back in the water...then they don't go dead. If you were planning on it for supper, than you shouldn't be surprised about it going dead Undecided

Should have called, I'm still not working!! Embarrassed

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/24/04 at 04:26:55
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington today, just in time for the front that BLEW in.  I drank a bunch of water from over the bow and tested every rivet in the boat.  Only managed the token trout.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo