Normal Topic December Freeze-In Results (Read 1295 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

December Freeze-In Results
12/07/03 at 17:27:42
Quote Print Post  
Well those of us that did show up (Virgil W., Larry S., Faz, Pat S., Mark M., my dog Tasha, myself, and a guest appearance by SMITTY) had loads of fun and some of us even caught fish.
(Help me out guys) Pat took big fish for a 5.6lb? smallie and I think 3 or 4 more to boot. Larry caught a 3.3lb? smallie and a couple of perch. Mark and Faz forgot that they where supposed to fishing for bass and loaded up on Perch.

I found out that boiled dry batteries won't do you much good. So I ended up fishing with Larry.
Virgil fished with Pat. Faz fished with Mark M. and SMITTY was off on his own.

To be honest I couldn't tell it was winter time, The sun was out most the day and the light breeze didn't effect anyone of us.

After we got done fishing we all came in and threw Faz a surprise birthday party for his 29th Birthday. Grin We had chocolate cake. And everyone stood around feeding Tasha the left over scrapes.
We didnt have a BBQ because no one had really planed on it including myself.

Next month we will be doing the same thing as this month.
February however we will be changing things a bit since Glen and Karis Wedding is that day and the weekend after is Valentines Day. So we will have in the Freeze-In on Sunday the 8th.
Thanks Pat for bringing this to my attention

Thank you guys for your participation!!

Jim

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: December Freeze-In Results
Reply #1 - 12/07/03 at 23:05:17
Quote Print Post  
Jim,  it sounds like the weather, at least,  tried to cooperate with your first "freeze-in".  Glad to hear that some bass were caught and that Faz stocked up on perch.

I was undecided right up to the time I got home from work Friday and spent the rest of the evening hugging the "throne".  Must have gotten one of those 24 hour things.  But it made it even worse seeing the nice weather for Saturday.  Oh well, there is always next year.

Good job guys, Rich

P.S.  Jim,  I think there is a good article on battery maintenance on one of the message forums here. Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo