Normal Topic New guy at fish-in (Read 2605 times)
keystone
Ex Member

New guy at fish-in
10/13/03 at 08:50:26
Quote Print Post  
   Hi my name is Jason, I live in Lake Stevens.  l would really like to fish in the fish-in on the 18th.  I have been reading this site for a few weeks now at it seems like a real fun club to join. I hope to meet some new friends on the ramp Sat.  By the way has anyone ever caught a bass out of Stevens?  I know they are there, but I haven't caught one.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: New guy at fish-in
Reply #1 - 10/13/03 at 12:13:32
Quote Print Post  
Hey there Jason,
  Nice to have your interest.  The club is always interested in new members.  I've never fished Lake Stevens, can't help you there.  I will say though, if you don't get a sure thing for Sat. at the fish in, show up anyway.  At fish ins, noone ever is left on shore.  I will say though, fish  ins are a club event, therefore, you must be a paid member, mainly for insurance reasons.  You can contact our secretary for info.  You can e-mail him through the website as Gotsix Jr. 
  your Prez   (RON)

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 11/02/03 at 16:07:41
Quote Print Post  
Is this a new rule?  The fish-in's have been open to non-members in the past, but on a one-time only basis.  We just had them sign a waiver for liability and insurance purposes.  I'd hate to think we're limiting opportunities for potential new members to check us out.

Jason - I live in Everett and have fished Stevens a few times.  It's tough nut to crack, but I've seen some huge bass in there!  My limited luck has been on green pumpkin bitsy jigs, smoke grubs, and jerkbaits.  It seems like an ideal topwater and crankbait lake, but danged if I can get them to hit one.

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/05/03 at 05:31:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the information on Lake Stevens, the next time I go out there I'll try some of the stuff you mentioned.  I'd like to go to the meetings, but I work on Thursday nights.  I'd like to fish the tournaments next year, do you know when the schedule will be posted?, and can I pay my membership at that time or at a fish-in?

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/07/03 at 03:46:47
Quote Print Post  
I'd like to fish Stevens, because I've heard it has some big Smallies. But I've also heard that the launch is weird, and that it's best to fish at night. Like on a full moon in June, July or August.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

sherryshaffer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/07/03 at 16:26:42
Quote Print Post  
Hi Jason!
My name is Sherry, I will be the new Secretary starting January.  If you would like, I can meet you with the paperwork and get you signed up. I work downtown Seattle, so if you want to meet just let me know and we can set up any time.  I look forward to hearing from you.  My e-mail address is she_who_fishes@comcast.net

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo