Normal Topic Potholes (Read 1492 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Potholes
11/01/03 at 03:39:51
Quote Print Post  
Hey everyone,
  Just got back from 2 days in potholes bird hunting and fishing.  The wind was howling, so I didn't get out on the lake Wednesday.  Stuck to bird hunting a got some quail.  Thursday, wind was howling again, went bird hunting and got some more quail.  So the heck with and fought continous 25mph winds with gust up to 50 and launched the boat at the dam launch.  Stayed in Arm and managed a 6lb smallie in the first half hour.  Continued to fight the wind and land 2 other fish and lost two more.  Once I figured out a spot they were stacked on my trolling motor battery gave up the ghost.  It could only take 4 hrs of continous 80 / 100 % power usage.  To all out there.  Get out to Potholes for some serious smallies that are quality.
Mark

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes
Reply #1 - 11/02/03 at 06:26:33
Quote Print Post  
Whoa, Mark! 6 pound smallie??? YIKES!

Congratulations on a lifetime fish!

Chris

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Potholes
Reply #2 - 11/03/03 at 16:37:15
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, it was tough fishing in that much wind.  But definitely worth the effort.  Hooked her on a drop shot rig in 20ft of water.  I thought that I originally snagged the weight.  But once I worked over the top of the bait and gave a yank to "free" the lure, the fight was on.  And I mean fight.  the only time I have had a fish fight that hard was the 9 lb largemouth I caught 2 summers ago in the Delta.  I am headed back over this week on Friday for some more action.  Anyone up to go, is more than welcomed.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo