Normal Topic The Quest begins..... (Read 2012 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

The Quest begins.....
10/27/03 at 05:24:44
Quote Print Post  
Fished sawyer Sunday from 12:00 till 5:00 and caught and lost what I believe is the biggest fish I have caught to date....Now some of you know me...how sometimes I cannot guess the size of a fish even when it is on a scale but this is how it went......
Was dropshotting in 19 feet of water off one of the main points and felt a nice tap and pressure bite so I did a nice dropshot hookset.....smooth, not "Jerky" and felt some good pressure so I reeled down and lowered the rod tip anticipating a rapid ascent of a streaming Smally only to feel a Very Hard pulsing downward like a big fish burying its nose down and keeping it down...I would gain a foot it would take three, I would gain 5 feet it would take 6! For 2-3 mins I could only get it 5-6 feet off bottom and with knees shaking while getting the net from under the console I gave some mild slack and..............it was gone.....just gone....no look......no "I splash at you" soaking....nothing I spent an hour and a half combing the area and even after catching a paltry 2 lb smally and two one pound largemouth I still have this void........so it...begins...I will not rest till that fish is .....mine......Oh how I love this sport!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: The Quest begins.....
Reply #1 - 10/27/03 at 15:11:16
Quote Print Post  
Hhhmmm...  19 feet of water...off of a point...in Lake Sawyer...How many points can there be in Lake Sawyer?  I guess I could ditch work today...If I could find the darn freeway in all of this fog.

Darn Larry, now you gots a mission.  We have seen the last of the "nice" guy.  I will bet there will be a bunch of "ripped lips" around that Lake.  Now all we need is for Jim S. to start fishing that lake and there will be a lot of "one-eyed fish with bad lips".

This almost sounds like one of those tales (tails?) out of outdoor life mag.  You know where the kid is persuing the "Big-Hawg" in the creeek.

I sure wouldn't want Larry persuing me.  Big Hawg, be vewy, vewy afwaid.

Rich

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/27/03 at 16:14:11
Quote Print Post  
Yes Larry, I heard that there are a lot of coho running through Sawyer right now...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Grin Shocked

Just kidding, my man. May the fish gods someday grant you that fish.

Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/03 at 02:26:47
Quote Print Post  
May the Sea Lice of those very Coho infest your nether reaches!
BUBALA
BUBALA
BUBALA
..... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #4 - 10/28/03 at 03:35:17
Quote Print Post  
Grin GrinMAYBE IT WAS NESSY Grin Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo